"King Ragnar, we have reached Paris," Earl Kalf spoke up in a calm tone, "Now, we all want to know—"

    Before Kalf could continue, Floki ended up cutting him off, much to Ylva's amusement. "The King...My oldest friend has asked me to take command," He announced to the group and Ylva rolled her eyes.

She turned, exchanging an amused look with Bjorn and Sihtric.

Looking annoyed, Rollo turned, giving his younger brother a questioning look.

Kalf glanced around, only to decide not to question it and instead just sit down.

"So, uh..." Floki awkwardly trailed off as he looked around at the group, "How do we best attack the city?"

The entire looked around at each other, not knowing how to answer the question. Ylva sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose as she shook her head.

"This is sad," She muttered under her breath and Sihtric lightly kicked her underneath the table to shut her up.

"Some of us have taken a closer look at the city from further up the bank," Rollo finally spoke up as he glanced around at the group, "And we suggest a plan."

"And that may be?" Sihtric questioned, raising a brow at the man.

"To mount simultaneous attacks both from the water and from the land," Rollo informed them in a calm tone.

"I will lead an assault on the tower and gates of the city," Lagertha decided and Kalf was quick to respond.

"We will attack the gates together," Kalf told her and Lagertha turned to glare at him.

"I said I would lead the assault," Lagertha argued in a stern tone.

"We may need the tools Erlendur made," Kalf reminded Lagertha, growing annoyed with her defiance.

"I will make that decision, if and when we need to make it," Lagertha replied sternly.

"I trust Earl Kalf to make it," Erlendur spoke up and even Ylva turned to glare at the man who shouldn't have even been there, given the past he had with nearly everyone there.

"I don't think you were listening," Lagertha snapped at Erlendur coldly as she glared at him.

"Here we go," Sihtric muttered under his breath as everyone seemed to look awkward as they sat at the table.

"At the same time as the attack at the gates, there will also be a river-bourne attack," Bjorn spoke up, breaking the moment of awkward silence between everyone there, "The ships will be filled with warriors and means of scaling, we will beach beneath the walls. We will climb up and gain entry to the city that way as well."

"Which means that, Floki," Ylva began to speak up as she turned to look directly at Floki, "You will be responsible for constructing whatever it is that we need to scale the city walls of Paris. Can you do that?"

Hearing Ylva's question, Floki snickered. "Oh, no need to worry about me, Ylva. I will make something truly astonishing. Just wait and see," He replied with a large smile on his face.

"I cannot wait," Ylva replied as she smiled back at the man.

"All those who agree with the plan, say aye," Floki continued and Ylva was quick to respond before everyone followed.

Floki was the first to stand up and walk away. Before he could react, Ragnar grabbed his arm and spoke to him in a hushed tone before allowing Floki to walk away.

Ylva watched the exchange closely, having the feeling something was wrong.

____