I wasn't interested in listening to the conversation what included Daniela Romani, no matter what.

Soon, we heard a knock on our door. Charles got up from the bed and hurried to the door.

As he opened it, a surprised Max appeared. He blinked like he'd never expect Charles to be in the room.

"Hi," he mumbled. "Where are you hiding my doctor?"

Charles scoffed and didn't look like he wanted to step away from the door. I leaned out from the little bathroom, frozen, watching the scene unfold.

"Oh, I thought she is your friend," Charles answered in an arrogant tone.

There was a brief, but deadly silence, after which Max giggled sarcastically.

"Yes. The best," he put a heavy emphasis on his words. It sounded like it was time for me to finish my hiding.

"Well," I heard Charles speaking. "My girlfriend is in the bathroom."

"It's ok, I'm here," I put my hand on Charles' shoulder to calm him down a bit. The two guys looked at each other like two dogs ready to fight.

Gosh, sooo immature!

"Hey Max," I smiled at the Dutch stepping in front of Charles. He looked relieved, giving me a half smile.

"Finally. As much as I enjoyed chatting with your boyfriend, I wished to see you and not him. Come to talk?" He raised his eyebrows, stepping back to let me out. He clearly didn't want to be in Charles' presence.

I felt a hand on my shoulder before I stepped out.

"Darling, I don't want to be late from the dinner," Charles said with heavy emphasis, so it basically meant I shouldn't spend much time chatting with Max.

Well, we are heading into such a funny 36 hours!

"Hey," I smiled at Max as we were alone on the corridor. He leaned to the railing and looked at me.

"I swear I'll punch him one day," he let out a long breath, and seemed relieved to finally see my door close after us with Charles staying inside. "Why did you go home last night?" He asked out of nowhere as he turned to me with a questioning look. I blinked at him a couple times.

"Because I live there?" I chuckled lightly trying to not take the serious turn of the conversation. Sadly, I only got an eye roll in return.

"Cut the bullshit, Clara. It was your party as well. You worked so hard to make it happen, you should've enjoyed it," he sighed. I crossed my arms on my chest.

Yeah, I should have. But I didn't.

And it's fine.

Right?

"Did he call you home?" He tilted his head, lowering his voice as he was speaking about Charles. "I guess he hates that you are hanging out with us and have some fun," he accused the Monegasque.

"No," I hurried to protest. Sure, Charles hated I hung out with Max but it wasn't like he's ever forbid it to me.

"It wasn't like that," I continued with a sigh as the close memories from the night before flashed back to my mind. "I just.." I started, but the opening of the door next to ours made me stop.

Daniel and Daniela stepped out, holding hands while giggling like children. I catched Daniel's gaze for a second, and remembered his text - I was eternally grateful for not answering.

His Italian girlfriend giggled loud again as she saw us.

"Oh hi for the famous duo! Would you like to join us? We decided to have a drink or two with this bad boy here," she winked at Daniel and I immediately felt my stomach flip. It also was accompanied by a slight feeling of nausea.