I wanted to talk to you about Law.” Doflamingo said, his tone turning dark. Daisuke froze. Doflamingo wanted to talk to him about Law? Why?

“Why?” Daisuke voiced, not meaning to show emotion. Although, it was too late. Doflamingo heard it.

The baby den den mushi’s eyes narrowed as its mouth curved into a smirk, imitating Doflaming’s expression. “Why do you care about that boy? Why do you go to extreme lengths to protect him?”

Daisuke knew his confused expression was being displayed on Doflamingo’s den den mushi, so he couldn’t really hide his emotions.

It was one of the few things Daisuke hated about the communicating device, since when he has a conversation, he preferred to be the one with all the cards. But if you show your emotions, you’re basically handing your cards to your enemy.

“Is there a reason you want to know, Boss?” Daisuke asked, all emotion suddenly draining from his voice.

Doflamingo laughed. “I’m just curious. You never act like that to anyone else, so, what makes that boy so special to you?”

Daisuke looked away from the baby den den mushi, even though there wasn’t really a reason to. He was just talking to Doflamingo. So why did it feel like Doflamingo was in the same room?

Daisuke eventually looked back to the baby den den mushi. “I just... do.” He said lowly, making Doflamingo laugh.

I see. Anyway, get some rest. It’s not good to keep yourself awake.” Doflamingo said, ending the call.

Ker-chank,” the baby den den mushi robotically said as its eyes closed.

Daisuke kept his eyes on the mushi. What the hell was that all about? Doflamingo isn’t planning anything... is he...?

Daisuke shook his head, picking back up his pen. “Then again, he knows what I’d do to anyone who hurts Law. So... I don’t really have to worry... right...?”

────𖤐────

Daisuke was no doctor. He only knew how to take care of deep flesh wounds and a few sicknesses.

He was nowhere near Law’s level of knowledge in the medicine field, but that didn’t stop him from trying to find a way to help save Law.

When Daisuke would go out on his missions for Doflamingo, he would spend a few extra days learning what he could about the White Lead Syndrome and about Flevance.

When Doflamingo would ask why he took longer to return, Daisuke would answer by simply saying he went exploring.

The broad answer made Doflamingo begin to question where Daisuke’s loyalties lay, but in the end, Daisuke always delivered what he was sent to get.

Daisuke knew he was running out of time. Law only had three more years to live, as his skin was slowly beginning to pale over on certain spots.

Daisuke let out an agitated sigh as his pen slid across the paper of his sketchbook. He was always a talented little artist, and he always liked to draw, but his home never gave him the chance to do so.

So, when he wasn’t busy killing people for Doflamingo, he would sketch in the decently-sized black sketchbook Corazon had given him a little over a year ago.

The new large, thick line was caused by Buffalo and Baby-5, who ran screaming to the waste processing plant—that was also acted as the meeting room building—that Corazon was back.