The After

Hi everyone!
This is chapter two of "What If Things Were Different?"
I hope everyone enjoys!
—————————————
Athanasia's POV
I saw her...I watched my mother die as I cried. I watched my father kill all those people. The maids and guards with just a flick of his sword. He didn't even care if blood got on the floor or the walls of the Ruby Palace. He didn't even care if it got on his clothes. But, what surprises me the most was the fact that he carried me the whole time he did it. I didn't even get a speck of blood on me. I don't understand. In my past life, he never held me when I was born. He never held me while he killed all those people. I never met my mother in my past life, but what is it about this life that is so different. That would make him say he wants to protect me that he would vow to my mother that he would keep his promise. What would make him love me the moment I was born. Was it pity? He even tried to put me to sleep.

Wait don't put me to sleep! I'm not slee-sleepy... was my last thought before I feel into a blissful dream.

Time Skip
Morning

Claude's POV
This child... is weird. She doesn't cry unless she is hungry or tired. I've only been with her for a day but she makes me sane. She... is my pride and joy now.

Diana...I will love her for us. I will cherish her for us. I thought while looking down at her.

She has Diana hair but her eyes are all mine. She is a curious child. I never really can tell what she is thinking of. However, her love for shiny and gold things are obvious. Her smile is innocent but her eyes tell a different story. They look wise and thoughtful like she knows what's going on around her. But, she doesn't... does she?

This child... my child is very odd. I thought while I looked into her eyes.

A knock on the door pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Come in," I said.

Felix then walks in and bows down on one knee.

"Your majesty, The news has been spread about her highness and the Ruby Palace is clean now." He said still looking down.

"Good. Tell the maids move Athanasia's stuff into the main room inside the Emerald Palace. Get a crib into my room for Athanasia. Also, tell the builder to build a garden in the Emerald Palace,"I told him.

"Yes, your majesty," He replied.

"Your dismissed Felix," I told him turning my attention back to Athanasia.

"Blessings and Glory upon the Obelia Empire," Felix said as he bowed and walked out.

Felix's POV
His Majesty seems to be smitten with Her Royal Highness. She is even moved to the Emerald Palace. But,the look on his face tells me he loves her just like how he loved Her Majesty,Empress Diana. The maids and guards were surprised when His Majesty didn't kill her. We all thought he would hate her. But,apparently he loved her at first sight just like all of us did. I hope they always stay this way.
———————————————
Well Claude sure loves Athanasia.
And We Got Felix's POV!!!
Also feel free to mention any mistakes I made.
Uh yea that's it!
Thank you for reading!
Word Count:579