CHAPTER THIRTY

Ridwaan sat in his office,each of his security personnel in front of him all on their laptops.He looked at Farzana who sat next to him when she put her hand on his,"Ridwaan,calm down.It could have just been a mistake."

"Farzana,if it were placed in front of someone else we could say it was a mistake but it was placed in front of you.This was deliberate.I will not spare the person who has done this."

Farzana looked down as his words registered,he was right.She hoped that whoever had done this they were not related to them in anyway.The door opened,Muhammed stepped through with a file in his hand,the expression on his face grave.

"Sayid,the reports of the water that was tested."

Ridwaan opened the file,his eyes growing angry as he read the report.He stood up,slamming his hands on the table,"Find out who the hell put sleeping tablets in my wife's water now!How lax have you all been for this to slip right through your eyes and occur?"

"Nam,sayid." The chorus sounded as Farzana looked at the water bottle and she shook her head.Someone had put a high dose of sleep medication in the water that she had been given.This was bad,she knew that but she also knew if Ridwaan had to lose his calm there would be hell.

"Ridwaan," She tugged at his arm causing him to look at her,"Sit down please."

He sat down turning his head to look at her,"Are you okay?"

Farzana nodded her head as she put her hand on his knee,giving his knee a small squeeze,"I'm fine,calm down."

"How can I calm down,Farzana?Someone tried to drug you.What if you and Muhammed hadn't realized that something was wrong?You could have been gravely harmed." Ridwaan put his hand on her hand,"If something had to happen to you what would I have told Ahmed or Faizal.Whoever did this will pay."

"Ridwaan,if it's someone from the family then I want you to drop it." Farzana told him as she looked him in the eye causing Ridwaan to look down then he looked back up.

"I've thought about it,if it's someone from our family then I will not drop it.I will follow upon the threat that I issued.If it's from am's family then I will still issue a warning."

Farzana shook her head,"La,Ridwaan.Just drop it.I don't want their to be any problems between any of the families."

"Farzana-"

"Sayid,we found something." Ridwaan and Farzana looked at the big screen where the camera footage begun to play.Three hours later they walked into their quarters lounge and Ridwaan took a seat while Farzana made her way to the kitchen.She poured a glass of water for Ridwaan and herself.She took it to the lounge and gave Ridwaan his glass.

"Jazakallah."

Farzana sat down,taking a sip of her water as well,"Shukar alhumulilah this has been dealt with."

Ridwaan nodded his head,"Nam,you are right.I'm glad that it wasn't anyone from the family."

Farzana nodded her head.It turns out one of the staff members had been the one to drug the water.Her reason?Farzana did not deserve to sit there with the royal family because she did not deserve to be Queen.Farzana had made Ridwaan just let her go but Ridwaan had wanted to punish the staff member,thus they had agreed to six months in jail and another six months of community service.

"What's the plan for tonight?"

"A barbeque with the family."

Farzana nodded her head,"This children will be with their nannies?"

"Yes,so we can enjoy ourselves for a while."

Farzana looked at her clothes then at him,"I'm going to change into something a tad bit warmer,the night wind has a bite to it."