CHAPTER THRITY-FIVE

Ridwaan walked towards Farzana's door which she opened and he held out his hand,she slid her hand into his as she stepped out of the car.They exchanged smiles as he closed the door behind him while the staff members greeted them.They greeted back,Farzana requested them to take their luggage to their room and she told them she would unpack herself.The staff members nodded as they begun to make their way into the palace.

"You are glowing." He complimented her as he dropped a kiss on her head and Farzana blushed as she gazed around.

"Ridwaan,someone will see us."

"I don't care." He said as they walked towards the lounge,their smiles dropping as they heard screaming from inside the lounge.They exchanged worried glances as Abdul Rahman's voice was risen even more.They hurried towards the lounge,Ridwaan surging forward Farzana's hand leaving his as he saw his father raise his hand.

"Ya abi!" He exclaimed as he grabbed his father's hand causing everyone to sigh in relief at his appearance.He let go of his father's hand which had been raised to hit his mother,"What is going on here?Ali,give out orders that no one is to come to this side of the palace immediately."

"Nam,ughi." Ali reached for the phone on the table,he dialled a number and gave out the order that his brother had given him.

"Ya ibn,when you find out what your mother has done you will understand why my anger is at it's peak." Abdul Rahman said as he glared at the woman he called his wife,who stood in front of him with her chin raised.

"What has ummi done,ya abi?"

"This vile women is blind to the actions that Farzana has done.She," He took a deep breath as he looked away from Ridwaan before looking back at him,"She tried to convince your son that Farzana would not love him as his sisters grew up,that she would throw him away and that she planned to send him to a boarding school as of next year.She told that young child that Farzana was only being nice so that you would think of her as a good person and that soon she would not even look at him,especially once she has her own child with you.Shukar alhumdulilah,the nannies that look after Ayesha,Hafsa and Ahmed were wise enough to mention this to Zainub and Nabeela.Allah alone knows what would have happened if they hadn't mentioned it."

Ridwaan's hands curled into fists as Farzana put a hand over her mouth at the words that left Abdul Rahman's mouth as she looked at Rayhana who did not have a trace of remorse on her face.

Ridwaan turned to face his mother who looked at him with an expressionless face as his face grew red in anger and he took a step forward,"Ummi,tell me that what my father has told me holds no truth?Tell me that you did not try to be despicable and poison my son's mind against his mother."

"This woman is not his mother,his mother is dead." Rayhana exclaimed,giving Farzana a look of disgust.

"Farzana is his mother who gave him new life.She is no less of a mother to Ahmed then Fatima was,ummi." Ridwaan pinched the bridge of his nose as he looked at his mother,"Should I really have to remind you,ummi of what my son used to be after the demise of Fatima.He never eat,he never speak,he never play around,he was a shell of the boy he used to be.He went from having three meals a day to having only one or two.He was hooked up on an IV more times then I,as an adult have ever been.Ahmed lost his smile,his laughter,he would have lost his childhood if Farzana had not stepped in.We would have lost him if Farzana had not walked in when she did.Ya Rabbul Alameen!How can you be so blinded that you cannot see the fact that the woman you despise saved your only grandsons life,ya ummi!?"

"Maybe you don't know,Ridwaan." Rayhana said with a smirk as she looked at Farzana who was in shock of what was going on around her,"This woman,who looks innocent,who makes everyone think she is an angel is actually a despicable woman.Do you know that her ex-husband put charges on her for cheating on him and she proved him wrong but do you know that the children that she claimed were his were actually someone elses?She literally took someone else's thrash and brought them to our palace."