CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Farzana gazed at herself in the mirror for what seemed like the hundredth time.What the hell did you wear to meet then King of a freaking country?She wondered as she gazed at the clothing in her cupboard.Her eyes fell on a peach tunic which had a peter pan collar along with a belt around the middle and a pair of white trousers which she had gotten sown back in South Africa.She decided she would put on a darker colour scarf and would tie off the outfit with pink flats.She was not ready to wear heels and after Eid she knew it would be better to wait until the twins were walking for her to wear heels.She laid it out on the bed so she could first wake her babies up,bath them then change otherwise she would turn into a mess before she could leave.

She made her way to the crib,ready to wake her twins up only to smile when she found Ayesha awake.Like always Ayesha pulled at her feet only letting go and smiling when she saw her mama,making grabby hands.

"As salaam mu alaykum,baby." Farzana picked Ayesha up,placing a kiss on her cheek,"My baby is awake,early.Let's take you to bath then we'll wake Hafsa up."

Farzana was rewarded with a gurgle and something that sounded like yeah as she walked Ayesha to the bathroom and sat her down in the empty tub.She filled the baby bath before turning to undress Ayesha before placing her in the baby bath.She trickled water down Ayesha's head causing her baby to giggle and clap her hands against the water.Fazrana smiled as she took Ayesha out causing her to pout.While Hafsa still hated bath time,Ayesha loved it and even though there were no tantrums when she was taken out there was always a pout.

Farzana wrapped the towel around Ayesha,drying her off before taking her to the room.Farzana laid her on the bed.She made her way to the drawers that held the babies clothing.She choose a pink grower that said the struggle is real along with a black pants and a cute pink hat with black flowers.She turned back to the bed and dressed Ayesha in the clothes,omitting the hat which sshe knew Ayesha would just remove.She put Ayesha on the floor in the playpen,just as Hafsa moaned.

Farzana turned to walk to her,picking her up,"As salaam mu alaykum,moaner.Let's take you to torture time." Hafsa glared at Farzana as she walked into the bathroom,putting her on the floor with a toy from the bath tub,a little yellow ducky.Farzana threw out the dirty water before refiling it only to giggle when she looked down and saw Hafsa crawling out of the bathroom,"Ayy,wait." Hafsa only crawled faster as Farzana hurried behind her,swooping her up,"Where do you think you are going?"

"Mama." She moaned,wiggling herself as Farzana laid her on the changing bed.

"No,you still need to bath." Farzana undressed her as she begun to whimper as Farzana sat her in the bath,Farzana put a toy in the bath which captivated her attention for five seconds before it went flying out the tub,"No,Hafsa." Farzana put another bath toy as Hafsa's whimpers grew into full blown tears and both mother-daughter duo could not have been more relieved when bath time was over.

Farzana repeated the process of wrapping Hafsa in her towel,drying her off before carrying her to the bed.She laid her on the bed after rubbing her back and kissing her multiple times while apologizing.Farzana made her way to the drawers where she picked out a white grower which said I'm mummy's angel along with a black pants and a white hat with flowers.Farzana dressed Hafsa up before kissing her forehead and putting her in the play pen.She looked at the time,nodding her head when she saw there was still one and a half hour to go until the car would come to fetch her.Farzana put the baby monitor on as she made her way to the kitchen.She made Hafsa and Ayesha a porridge made of marie biscuits along with water and mixed it.She also filled a baby cup with water.She made her way to the room,sitting down near the playpen before feeding the twins.She sighed in relief when Hafsa got more in her mouth then on her face and clothes.She gave the twins water in between and when the bowl was empty she kissed their foreheads.She made her way into the kitchen,whipping up a Japanese omelette for herself along with a hot cup of chai.