CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Farzana looked at the paperwork in front of her,reading through the paragraphs and signing where her signature was needed.Her secretary opened the door to her office and she looked up when she heard Ridwaan's voice.He stepped through and she closed the file in front of her,standing up.

"As salaam mu alaykum,Ridwaan."

The door was closed behind him as he came towards her,a smile on his face,"Wa alaykum mu salaam,Zana.Do you have time for me?"

Farzana chuckled as she moved to take a seat on the other side of the table so she could sit next to him,"You made an appointment with me,sayid so I do have time for you."

"Well,since our schedules have been so full this is the only time we really have for one another." He sat down next to her,"So did you get the paperwork for our trip to South Africa on request from President Ramaphosa?"

Farzana nodded her head,"Yes,I did get the paperwork.It seems like a trip that will be really fruitful to us."

"I agree.I also believe that after South Africa we can make a visit to surrounding countries."

"Which would be?"

"Botswana,Egypt and Morocco."

Farzana nodded her head as she tried to remember what relationships they held with each of the countries,"Okay.We can't take the kids with us because Ahmed has school and I refuse to leave him and take the twins."

Ridwaan nodded his head,"Nam,you are right but before we leave I think we should visit Faizal and Razia."

Farzana smiled at him,"Bhai already extended an invite for this coming weekend.He wants to take Ahmed,the twins and Aasma to the zoo so he asked if we would like to accompany him."

"Okay,then that's a plan for the weekend." He stretched his arms,"I'm so tired."

"You should have let me help you with those files,no wonder you are tired." Farzana scolded gently and Ridwaan smiled at her.

"I know but you've also been working continuously as well.It wouldn't be fair to you."

Farzana clicked her tongue as she reached for the phone on the table,"Don't be ridicules,amar.Let me order you a coffee."

"Wait,wait,wait." Ridwaan said as he reached forward,taking the phone out of her hand and she looked at him with a confused expression,"What did you just call me?"

Farzana thought about what she had said to him and she spoke,"I called you amar.Why has that got you so shocked?"

Ridwaan reached forward to hold her hand as he gave her a big smile,"This is the first time you've called me anything except Ridwaan and you just called me moon."

Farzana shook her head as she smiled at him,"If it makes you happy,I'll only call you amar from now on."

"I don't mind,I won't respond to anything else but amar from now." He let out a yawn and Farzana shook her head.

"You don't have any meetings after this,why don't you lay down?"

Ridwaan smiled at her as he stood up,"Take your laptop and phone." She did as he said and holding her hand he pulled her towards the couch,"You can sit here and do you work while I lay down."

"I could have just done my work at the table,why did you bring me here?" Farzana asked as she sat down only for her question to be answered by Ridwaan laying down on the couch with his head resting on her lap,"Ridwaan."

"Hush." He closed his eyes,"I'm resting."

Farzana shook her head as she picked up her phone,she messaged both her assistant and Ridwaan's assistant to not disturb them until it was time to go home.She begun to look through her emails after she placed her laptop on the table next to the couch which was a tad bit uncomfortable,yet she did not move because of her husband who needed to rest.