14

The afternoon breeze brushed against his body while he walked. One hand holds his shoulder bag so that it doesn't fall, while the other keeps on tightening the jacket he is wearing to cover his front. His eyes caught a park bench by the side of the road, and then his walks now changed direction to approach the said bench.

After sitting down and putting the shoulder bag filled with clothes beside him, he tried to stretch his legs that had already walked quite a distance. He cringed when he realized the swollen ankle and his swallowed calves were clearly seen now.

His eyes stared sadly at his stomach, "I'm sorry you have to suffer because of me like this, bubs."

He used his hand to stroke his stomach. A flutter from his stomach seemed to answer what he was saying.

Earth smiled happily, but his happy smile turned sad, "Your father has never felt your response there, bubs. If only..." He shook his head as if tossing his thoughts away.

"He always calls you his munchkins, bubs. A cute nickname, right?" Earth smiled bitterly remembering the old days Kao would spend hours talking to his bumps.

He looked at his luggage beside his body and looked back at his stomach, "I had saved a little money from my salary working as a butler before. However...I only work for a while, so I don't really have much savings, bubs," he said.

He also sighed sadly, "After finding a place to live, I need to immediately find a job. It will need a lot of money when you're here, bubs, and we also don't have much time left, seeing as you almost reached the seventh month's mark inside my belly," he said, looking down while smiling sadly.

He suddenly felt a bunch of flutters from his stomach, as if trying to cheer him up. Earth pulled a small smile, "Hang in there, bubs. We can do it, we have to do it. You're the only one I have now," he said, still with his hand stroking his pregnant belly fondly while his baby answered with a flutter of movements.

By luck, Earth found a cheap small apartment that's on sale because the owner needs money, and because of that the cost doesn't really much compared to if they sell it leisurely.

With a small satisfied smile, Earth relaxes his aching body by leaning back against the single sofa. When he said small, it was indeed small compared to other massive apartments out there in the middle of the city.

"All we need right now is buying some groceries to fill our hunger, bubs," he talked to his baby. Then he pulled a thinking face, "If we narrowed it down to the most things we need, also inclined to buying staple food and canned food, I think we can still manage by next month," he said to the empty room.

He smiles apologetically to his belly, "I'm sorry that you can't enjoy delicious and nutritious food everyday like before," he rubbed his belly soothingly, "I'll try to add some strawberries for you, but I can't promise we can have it everyday because we don't have the...plants."

Earth fell into silence because he suddenly remembered the greenhouse as he and Kao enjoyed their afternoon or evening together there. Where the alpha says sweet nothings in his ears while they enjoy their leisure walks. Where he would be showered by affections starting from when he opens his eyes until he closes them, every single day. Until his happiness started to fall apart when she came to their life like she owns it.

"Bubs, later on, when you have someone you cherished so much you want to be mates with them, you should treat them with respect and never abandon them."

A tear escaped his eyes, as if his memories were playing in his head like a broken recorder, over and over in the parts where it hurts him so bad. Kao's act and words hurt him so badly.