Chapter 30

Y A S M I N

Today marked one week since our arrival and I must say mom was trying her best in taking care of Marwan and Amir. Sis Farah visited us too. She was surprised and also happy. Amir and Zara got along so well, they acted as if they knew each other so well. A smile made it way out of my face seeing Amir and Zara jumping around in the living room, As Zara refused to follow her mom back home saying she wants to stay with her grandma, and I know it's because of Amir.

"Good morning wifey," Marwan said hugging me from behind. I pushed him a little, my eyes scanning the surrounding. "Don't forget that you're in your in-law's house," I whispered enough for him to hear.

"And so, besides you didn't mind yesterday when we-" I shut him up by covering his mouth with my palms.

"Ever since we came you've become naughty just like Amir." his lips twitch up.

"I'll be naughty just for you, when is your sister coming?" he asked which made me remember we both decided to go out for dinner today.

"They're coming later tonight" I replied back.

"Okay, I'll step out for a while, call me if you need anything" before I could register his words, I felt a peck on my cheeks. I don't know why but I'm suspicious Marwan is planning something. I've caught him multiple times whispering on the phone when he sees him he'll hang up.

"See you later raspberry" and he left, leaving me with blushing face.

Ya Allah

Whatever he's planning I'll find out sooner or later.

Not wasting any more time, I sprinted up to change out of my clothes as I'm going to help mom in the kitchen.

**

Night came and I started dressing up for the dinner. I'm excited about it as I'll get to spend some time with Marwan. Warm hands encircle around my body. A smile made it way out of my lips knowing who it was. He places his head on my shoulder pecking the spot. I felt my body tingle, my body reacting to his touch.

"You look beautiful sweetheart" he whispered to my ear, placing another kiss, I find my eyes closing on its own accord.

"I know this beauty is all for me." I find myself blushing by his words. He's right. I want him to see me differently today, to see my body. I doll myself up just for him and I'm pleased he praised me. Humming in return, I took out my necklace from the small box positioned at the vanity mirror.

"Let me help you with it," Marwan said taking the necklace from my hands, spooning me around, he moved my hair to the side. while putting on the necklace, I stare at his beautiful eyes feeling some sort of enthusiasm. Remembering the first time we met, how we started off.

"What are you smiling about" Marwan's voice brought me back from my thoughts.

"I remembered the first time we met and how we started off" he let out a smile circling his hands around my waist.

"I think we're destined to meet and get married, to be honest, I wasn't planning on getting married again, as my marriage with Amir's mom didn't work out." I listened to her quietly, he never told me about it though I heard it from Matilda now hearing the full details from him is much better.

"I've never told you about it right?" I nodded my head in answer.

"Come I'll tell you before we go for the dinner" He intertwined our hands, leading us towards the bed.

"The first time I met Aaliyah, we clicked almost immediately. we became good friends but after some months our feelings grew. Since our family knew about us being friends and then we told them what we feel for each other, they decided to get us married. I was on top of the moon the day I signed the marriage certificate. We are into each other even with our busy work, we still get time for each other. One day Aaliyah got a promotion to work in another country as she's a photographer. I told her to decline the offer as she can't go around while she's pregnant. Believe me, Yasmin, it's not that I have anything against her job, I support whatever decision she takes but I just thought it wouldn't be appropriate to go around when a baby is growing in her stomach. We had a huge argument to the extent that our parents got involved, and the media got the news they wanted." he heaved out a sigh and continued. "Later on, I let her go but with the condition that we'll go together. We took off to Florida, and things we're moving normally. I working from home while Aaliyah will do her photoshoots. A few months later, Aaliyah's bump got bigger, almost in her last stage of giving birth. She started changing, coming back late, and not giving me attention, if I tried talking to her she'll get angry. When she gave birth, I was very happy but she didn't seem happy. I woke up one morning and saw a letter. She left leaving Amir with me. And that stir the media and we became the center of attention. Later on, I found out that she passed away" I Placed my hands on top of his. I didn't know my husband went through a rough part too.

"I'm sorry Marwan" I started looking for the right word to say. "It's okay, it's all in the past. You're my future now. promise me that you'll never leave me." he whispered rubbing circles on my palms. I stared deep into his eyes finding myself lost in them. He's the man I fell in love with, the man I can't bear to be apart with even for a second. My husband.

"I promise. I'll never leave you, you're part of my life now." I muttered enough for him to hear.

"I love you so much Yasmin, I don't think I'll be able to leave without you. You've become part of my life which I don't want to lose." it feels like time has stopped. All of a sudden the room went dead silent. The word I've been dying to hear from my husband. The three words, he finally confessed. I feel like the happiest woman in the universe. I flung my hands around his neck repeating his words.

"I love you too Marwan" he hugged me back so tightly as if he's afraid I'm going to disappear. Words could not express how I feel right now. Our meeting was unexpected and I'm glad things worked out.

"You know it's already time, the family must be waiting for us," I said breaking the hug. Marwan pecked my lips. My cheeks turn pinkish.

"Let them wait, I want to spend time with my wife, my raspberry" before I could register his words. I felt his lips on mine. I pushed my body more to his body parting my lips, which gave him more access. Our lips moved in sync, as I find my body been lifted. The kiss was slow yet it holds a lot of things. The love we have for each other. I don't care about the dinner anymore being in Marwan's embrace is enough for me. We both pull apart when we're out of breath. Marwan placed his forehead on mine, staring into my eyes.

"I think we need to go before we change our minds," he whispered. I nodded my head in answer. I checked my reflection for the last time.

"Shall we?" Marwan said intertwining our hands. I muttered a yes. and we left hand in hand with a smile on our faces.