Chapter 17

~•~•~
Ta-da a surprise update and also a double update who is excited Actually i was overwhelmed by your lovely comment😘 i appreciate and Thank each and every one of you for giving my book a chance May Allah reward you abundantly Ameen🙏🏻

~•~•~

Not edited😪

Y A S M I N

"Good morning all. " Mr Sa'ad greeted after taking a seat in his usual position. We're having an emergency meeting which we're about to know about it.

"Good morning. " we all said in unison.

"Let me get to the point, the sole reason of this emergency meeting is that one of our investors is coming from England, he's one of our biggest investors. And he's thinking of investing in our other branch, so i want each and everyone of you to prepare. This is our chance to get more recognised by the world. With that being said i will take my leave. " he rushed out of the meeting room with Linda tailing behind him.

"Oh God what a stressful day, i hate working late. " Matilda groaned tapping her foot in annoyance.

"Calm down girl, its not something you're not used to " i said patting her shoulder.

"Look at how you're glowing. I want to get married too. " she fake a cry.

This girl with her drama.

"Then do it" i teased getting a scowl from her.

"Okay enough with the teasing, since you're now a married woman tease me however you like my day will come too " She stood up from her chair "Let's get back to work. "

**

I came back from work totally exhausted. I need a hot shower to calm my aching body. The first thing i did after dropping my bag is checking on Amir, i left him with his dad since he's working from home. My legs came to a halt seeing Marwan and Amir on the couch, Marwan concentration was on Amir's toy, its like he's trying to fix it. They look good sitting in that position. I took out my phone from the bag and click their picture. It's like they didn't notice my presence by how their full concentration was on the toy.

"Um..What is father and son busy doing in this late night" I said finally making my presence noticed. Marwan was surprised seeing me. "When did you come back?" he inquired, his eyes still on the toy.

"A while ago. "

"How is the little boy doing." i placed a kiss on his forehead. He outstretched his arms indicating me to take him. I scoop him up in my hands. "Do you miss Anty Yasmin. "

"Anti Yatmi " he repeated in his velvety voice his eyes blinking a bit.

"Okay let's get you to bed." I walked passed where Marwan is sitting.

"Has he eaten?" I shouted stopping.

"Yes"

I bathe him first, and put on his pajama then put him to bed. He didn't take time and he dozed off. After I did my usual night routine I came downstairs. Marwan had also change to a new pair of clothes with a laptop in font of him. This man loves working.

"Its night already aren't you tired with working all day. " I started sitting down few miles away from where he's sitting.

"Nah, I'm used to it already. I will round up now i will just check on some few things." he answered his eyes not leaving the laptop.

"How are we going to take care of Amir with you going to the office and me too?" I've been meaning to talk to him about it. I know I promised not to talk about Amir issue but this one is a must talk we need to settle the issue.

"I was even going to talk to you about it but it slipped off my mind. What should we do now. " why is he asking me that how will i know.

"Don't you have any relative you can take him to during the day, you know..." i trailed off. Yasmin that your talkative mouth can't shut up right. Speaking of relatives I've never heard him talk of them. I know his Father passed away but what of his Mom there was no news about her being dead, at least by the information i got from Matilda.

"My relatives are not here, Mom also she's in Florida, she got married and I don't want to burden papa. " he said snapping me out of my thoughts.

So she's alive

She got married and she left her children all by themselves?.

"Maybe we should get him a nan-"

"No that's a bad idea. " he cut me off, "The ones i hired are all not good, the last Nanny even Tried to hurt him. " he said it with a form of distaste.

"Now what do we do? I can't be with him all the time only during the weekend and i don't want to leave him in school all alone. " i voiced out my worry.

"we have only one solution. " i said he kept the now closed laptop on the side.

"What?" he raised my brows in question.

"The driver will Take him to your Aunt place after school and when any one of us closed early from work will pick him up and come home. " i stated calmly with a clap.

"What? I don't think that's a good idea. Don't you think it will be a burden to Aunt. " I know Aunt won't have any problem, she won't mind having Amir around.

"it wouldn't be a problem, i will call her tomorrow its late already, she must be sleeping now. "

"Okay I'm glad we've solved the problem, I'm thanking you for that. "

"its nothing to thank me for. Are you hungry? I want to make some pancakes. " his eyes snapped towards me hearing me say pancakes.

"Yes please I'm starving." he placed his palms on his stomach. I wonder what's beneath that shirt.

Snap yourself out of this silly thoughts.

"Didn't you eat you lunch in the afternoon. "

"i was so busy i didn't even noticed. "

"I don't think there is anything that can stop you from your work right?"

"exactly. "

"Okay change of plans, I'm only cooking heavy food because you cooked yesterday so don't get excited Mr sour. " I muttered the last part and ran off but i knew he heard me.

We ate food in silence. My mom always tells me Respect your food when eating. And I'm glad Marwan didn't talk me into talking while eating. We retired back to our respective room after cleaning up. It's been a while since last spoke to my family. I made a mental note to call them tomorrow Insha Allah.

••

Assalam Alaikum,

How was the chapter? Drop your lovely comment if you enjoyed the chapter🤗

Don't be a silent reader if you're not comfortable with commenting at least Vote it means a lot to me. I want to know if you're enjoying the book. Do tell me your views, if the book is not making sense then i will stop writing your opinion is what mattered most💕

••