Dream II First Move

Artist: moiichii (on tumbler, Instagram, & Twitter)

Authors Note: Please consider reading the other stories because this one was written quite poorly. Either way, I hope you enjoy reading this cliche shit

| ◁◁ II ▷▷ |

Y/N and Dream were simply roommates living in the same household. Knowing each other for a few years and realizing how much they had in common, they decided to take their friendship a step further. Their careers cooperated well together, one of them simply being a full-time YouTuber and streamer and the other also being a streamer themselves. Meaning they were able to collab and create content together every now and then.

What more could they want, they had their friends, family, fans who supported them, and each other. However, living together wasn't easy. From time to time, they would poke fun at each other. As the days progress, Y/N found Dreams presences alone irritating. While Dream found her presences delightful.

Every word, movement, and breath he performed seemed to infuriate her to no end. She was mainly annoyed by the fact he'd often flirt with her. Showing his love and affection that would make her blush in embarrassment, in spite of that this is what kept him entertained. This was the only reason why he'd continued his behavior despite the countless of times Y/N would so kindly ask him to stop.

The two were clearly just friends, best friends even. At least they were supposed to be just friends... Honestly, she didn't know where she stood when it came to Dream, not anymore anyway. The constant mixed signals weren't making things any easier. Either way, she was stuck within this mess, struggling to control her own desires from progressing any further and struggling to handle Dream alone as a roommate and friend.

"Hello pretty lady~ Just wanted to remind you I love you and I'm bored, so spend some time with me." He cheerfully asked with the brightest smile on his face. Saying those three words so easily like it meant nothing.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" Y/N raised a brow in utter confusion. It wasn't everyday she heard Dream say 'I love you'. The majority of the time he stated it in a jokingly manner however the way he phrased now was different.

Dream shyly placed his hand around his neck, rubbing it slightly. "Sorry, I just got excited seeing you. So spend some time with me." He dragged the 'e'.

Y/N chuckled. "Dream, you see me every day. We're literally roommates." Playfully rolling her eyes at the end.

He took a step forward, causing Y/N the pain of looking up. "Even so, you can't blame me for missing your smile." He lowered his head and smiled at her.

The flirty comments were small at first, happened around once or twice a day or a week even. Y/N would ignore his compliments, knowing it had been his way to banter with her. Following this, it eventually happened once a day, twice a day, then three times, and eventually happened every single hour of the day. Slowly it was driving her insane. How someone who was unintentionally becoming more attractive because of this. His words were slowly getting to her.

During those times he denied having any sort of romantic attraction to her; wasn't sure whether to be hurt or simply shrug it off like it didn't bother her. Not the point, if so why continue doing it? Why continue to play with someone's feelings who may or may not be clearly in love with you? Who knew what was going on through Dreams chaotic mind. Yet, Y/N agreed enough was enough.

She sat on one of the counter chairs in the kitchen. Minding her business after a long day of streaming. She was taking a break, decided to read a book as she flipped through the pages. Even though she wasn't a bookworm herself, it made her feel smart for at least attempting to read. In the corner of her eye, she noticed the light of day was draining away. The heat of the day had fallen back to a comforting warmth. The perfect time to read.