4- Blurred Minds and Hypnotising Eyes

Neymar POV

*Last night*
"Gabriella,.. Gabriella" I clicked my fingers infront of her face to try and make her open her eyes.
Her chest was rising up and down slowly as she inahled and exhaled. Her dark curls framing her beautiful face, her eyelids fluttering slightly in her deep state of sleep. She couldn't go home like this .. drunk, passed out and oblivious to anything. She clearly didn't handle her drink very well as I could tell by her little episode earlier.
"Gabriella you are going to be staying at mine tonight. I will look after you okay?"
Her eyelids fluttered open and she stared at me curiously tilting her head slightly with a sleepy smile forming on her lips. I found myself staring back at her, my eyes fixatated on her dark ones. The same pair of eyes that had distracted me in possibly one of the most important football games of my career... and here I was staring into them again.

-

I woke up way earlier than usual rubbing the sleep away from my eyes and stretching my limbs readying them for football practice later on in the afternoon with the boys. Switching the tv on I flicked through all the channels until one of them caught my attention. The presenter stood pointing at a set of paparazzi pictures that had a caption above them in black bold writing. 'Marc Bartra gets steamy at sports dinner with mystery girl! - WHO IS SHE?'

The presenter then began talking and I could already feel myself gritting my teeth in annoyance.

'Sports Gossip TV can report that Marc Bartra - FC Barcelona hunk was seen getting a little too close for comfort with a mysterious brunette at the athletes sporting dinner last night. Reports state they were all over each other and he seemed like a love sick puppy around her. But who is this gorgeous girl who has captured Marc's heart?' ...

I threw the remote at the tv making the screen go black and plunging the room into silence. I let out a massive sigh rubbing the temples of my head and closing my eyes trying to remember last nights events.

'Gabriella get some sleep' I said tucking her up into the double bed in the spare room next to mine. She looked so small in comparision to the much larger bed and it made a smile form on my lips.
'You're not even going to read me a bed time story?' She giggled with a sleepy grin on her face.
'If you need me to get you anything like another glass of water or some paracetemol just come and wake me up okay? I'm in the room next to you'
She nodded her head at me and thanked me before snuggling deeper inside the bed covers and closing her eyelids that had grown heavy with sleep.
'Goodnight Gabriella' I lent over placing my lips onto the soft skin of her cheek and it looked like she had already fallen asleep.

-

My mobile phone rang disturbing me from my trail of thoughts and I danced a little to the ringtone before accepting the call. The ever so familar voice greeted me in Portuguese and I smiled hearing Dani Alves' voice on the other end.

"I swear I'm too hungover to go to practice today Ney, I feel like shit" he grumbled making me laugh.

"Dani, meu amigo brasileiro you are coming even if it means I have to drag you there!" I heard him laugh through the phone and I could tell he was still in bed by the sound of air conditioning that was right above it. When you've known someone for so long then you know their daily routine and I was like that with Dani.

"Stop feeling sorry for yourself! I will see you at 4:30, get out of bed!" I added and I knew he was smiling on the other end.

"You know me too well Neymar, see you later" and I hung up shaking my head in amusement.

I heard movement coming from the other room and to be honest I was nervous to approach her again now that she was most probably sober. She had most likely heard me speaking on the phone to Dani and was wide awake and very confused.

I placed my hand on the door knob, hesitating slightly before turning it and opening the door. I walked in more confidently then I thought I would and her eyes widened completly as she looked me up and down in shock.

"Neymar?.." she said her voice almost a whisper in her confused state

" We didn't..." her eyes glanced over at my topless body and I fought back a smirk.

"No no we didn't do anything, you got very drunk last night..you passed out, I wanted to look after you so no one took advantage of you" I replied honestly and she seemed to relax a bit more and thanked me shyly before shaking her head.

"I never normally drink that much you know.. it's just the stress of my upcoming university exams, but I should know better, sorry for being a nuisance. I will get going now" ...

Gabriella POV

When Neymar walked into the room I would be not be lying in saying I had no idea how I ended up here. I could not remember meeting him at all in fact last night was all a blur to me.

"I will get going now" I said hastily throwing the duvet off my body and realising I was still in last nights dress.

"Hey no I have made us both breakfast and you can't go out looking like that" he said and I frowned at him.

I caught sight of my reflection in the large mirror on the opposite wall and noticed my make up was completly smudged across my face and my hair was completly static. How unattractive.

*

Whatever Neymar had cooked for breakfast smelt great, but I didn't want to stay long I felt awkward being in the house of one of Brazil's most treasured footballers, I knew I didn't belong here.

Neymar waltz over to me doing a little dance to the Portuguese music he was blaring out of his speakers and placed my breakfast in front of me before sitting opposite me. I would be lying if I said I didn't notice how muscular and toned he was and I was certain he noticed me looking at his topless body as he smirked at me biting his lip slightly as he did.

"You should try and be more discreet in checking me out, do you have a thing for FC Barcelona players or what?" he chuckled jokingly and I raised my eyebrows at him confused by the remark he had just made.

"What are you talking about? I have never had a 'thing' with any of the FC Barcelona players?" I replied which seemed to amuse him even more. He grabbed the remote and turned the television on before I felt his hazel eyes turn to watch my facial expression begin to change.

I felt my mouth drop open as I noticed a dozen paparazzi pictures filling the screen of me...and Marc Barta?

"What the...fuck? I stuttured and he smirked again which irritated me even more.

"Last night you and Marc got very close you know"

I stared at the screen with no recollection of even meeting Marc and now I was his rumoured girlfriend according to this gossip channel.

"Ugh this is so stupid I would never date a footballer all of them are such douchebags" I sighed and I swear Neymar's facial expression dropped completly and he titled his head looking at me with a more serious look.

"Not all of us are like that - I looked after you all evening after you were ill so am I douchebag then?" He frowned looking offended.

"But I'm talking on dating terms here it's not like I'm even going to be dating you"..

Neymar POV
Those few words that she uttured so carelessly from those beautiful pink lips of hers hit me right where it hurt. I felt like she had just killed me with those words of venom.

......

Hi guys sorry for the late update I have been really busy so I only just managed to update now. It is 1:30AM UK time and I have got seriously bad writers block no joke but it's here now. I recieved some nice private messages on here so thank you to those who have supported this story so far and thanks to those who have voted as well.

Please tell me what you think so far, don't stay silent I would love to know your thoughts.

Anyway have a nice day everyone and hopefully I will find some time in the next week or so to update x

Reached 1K! Wow thanks everyone :)