1- Blissfully unaware

FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid 1-1

Neymar's POV

The final few minutes. I could feel the beads of sweat dripping down my forehead, the excitement, the tension and the pressure all bundled into one. I ran my fingers through my hair as I looked around the stadium for support, I looked at all the FC Barcelona fans, the ones who had come to see us. As I looked over at them I noticed that they all grew excited cheering and waving and then my eyes caught hold of a pair of dark almond eyes. Her long brown hair cascaded down to her waist, her chocolate eyes peering around the football pitch in anticipation. She was beautiful. I was suddenly concious of my surrondings again when I heard my team mates shouting my name. I noticed the ball swiftly fly pass me before I had time to react and shoot straight into the goal. A chorus of cheers errupted from the Real Madrid fans as they knew they were now victorious against us. My team mates and fans all looked at me in disbelief. I had really messed up this time and all for a girl I would probably never see again.

*

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, my satin pyjamas slowly unbuttoned from my half asleep body and carefully folded away.

"Gabriella" I heard the booming voice call emphasising on the 'ella' as everyone always did. Before I could say anything my door swung open and my brother threw my ringing mobile phone into my hands.

"It's Becca" he said before abruptly slamming the door shut.

"Hello" I spoke my voice still had that morning huskiness to it. Rebecca's voice on the other end laughed as she noticed this.

"So how was the Barca match..? - Apparently Neymar got distracted by one of the Barca fans and completed messed up" she said all in one breath.

I knitted my eyebrows together confused. From what I could see (or could clearly not see) it did not appear to be like that. Damn I needed to get glasses.

"Oh yeah, I know.." I replied even though I had no idea what she was talking about. I played with the tips of my dark hair twirling the locks around my fingers as I sighed listening to her go on about how attractive the FC Barcelona team was.

"Hey look footballers are not the sort of guys you should want to date, they're all douchebags" I laughed her annoyance audible in her contionous sighs.

"Well what if you were the girl that Neymar was staring at? If you were the girl that made FC Barcelona lose to there biggest competition Real Madrid because Neymar was in awe of you?"

"I can promise you Becca, that girl was definitely not me" I laughed at the stupid remark she had just said. Of course he was not staring at me.

The Barcelona team all made there way onto the lush green grass of the pitch. The cheering errupted from around me and I smiled noticing the team I had paid good money to see stood in my direct view.

The match had commenced and barely ten minutes into the match Messi had managed to blast the ball into the back of the net causing me to fist punch the air and cheer with those around.

Neymar was the name on all the Barca fans lips as they all watched him intently expecting him to score another goal for them after Messi's first one and total the score up to a solid 2.

"That Neymar is young at only twenty two years old" one of the fans stood next to me said with a lopsided smile. Neymar was two years older than me.

"But he is special, you will see" he added with a wiseful look in his eye. I nodded slightly and grinned at the man before flicking my eyes back to the match.

The final moments until the end of the match, precious minutes were being counted down as the Barca fans desperation grew for them to score one more goal so we could be victorious. My eyes looked down at my watch as I noticed it was growing late, my eyes flicked back over to the match and then I heard the sound of cheering, my eyes scanned the pitch I noticed the Real Madrid fans celebrating. Neymar stood still in disbelief, his team mates looked gobsmaked and the Barca fans looked around in shock. "Neymar is special, you will see" echoed in my head and now I felt sorry for Neymar.

Little did I know the reason why all of this happened. Completly and utterly blissfully unaware.

Hello everyone :)
This is the first chapter of 'What Happens Next?' A Neymar Jr based fanfiction. Just a disclaimer to say that this story is for fictional purposes only and not everything in this story will follow real life factual information based on Neymar. For example I know that Neymar plays forward in football but in this first chapter he was not so lets keep it fictional ;)
Also if you see another story that seems very similar to mine please tell me. I don't like it when people take credit for other people's work.
Viewers discreetion advised: Story will contain some swearing, sexual content etc so viewers discreetion is advised.
Please vote, comment, follow, private message etc! Don't stay a ghostie tell me your thoughts!!
Thank you for reading :)