8 - Light at the end of the tunnel

The feeling of her warm mouth pressed against mine, the taste of her sweet lipstain on her plush pink lips and her body so close to mine that I could feel her heart beating, drove me crazy. Was I dreaming? Did she actually just kiss me?
"Neymar I-" she pulled away looking back at me in shock.
"I don't know what possessed me to do that, sorry" she said seemingly a little embarassed and taken a back by what she had just done.
"You know something? You're nothing like how I imagined you to be. I expected you to prance around all arrogant and cocky but in reality you're possibly the nicest guy I've ever met"
A smile formed on both of our faces and I pulled her in for a hug. I was glad that I could get to know her.

*
Football practice was over and the first place I went to was my bathroom for a nice hot bath. I looked at my naked body as I submerged my skin under the steaming water. I was covered in bruises from training and it looked like I had been attacked or something. I thought back to the kiss with Gabriella, as I ran the big dollop of shampoo through my hair, which somehow had mud in it.

Her sweet vanilla scent, the way her dark eyelashes fluttered down towards my lips and the way she pressed herself against me as we kissed. I craved for it again. She seemed shocked by it but I was going to make her want to do it again, I needed her to want me as much as I wanted her right now.

I rinsed the suds out of my hair and let my body sink into the water a bit more, my eyes growing slightly heavy as the heat hit my body. I heard the sound of my phone ringing, the portuguese song that I would always sing along to whenever I heard it. I found myself singing a long to it again until the ringing stopped. The phone started ringing again, and then for a third time, so whoever was calling clearly had something important to say. I climbed out of the bath, wrapping a towel around my lower body before making my way over to the phone and noticing 3 missed calls from Gabriella. My heart dropped. I quickly dialled the number back and she picked up straight away.
"Neymar" she sounded breathless and choked up.
"I need your help- please" her voice began to break and I could hear her soft whimpering on the other end.
"Gabby- whats wrong?" I gasped panic evident in my tone.
"Please.. just come here quickly" I could hear the sound of sirens in the background, as she told me where she was.
"I'm coming, baby. I'm coming" I ended the call, throwing on the nearest piece of clothing I could find near me. The sound of her voice cracking made it clear that something very bad had happened.

I shot out of my car, searching in the emptiness of the streets, that seemed so unoccupied. It was dark now and my visibilty was not that great. I called her name as my eyes searched frantically for her. I could see flashes of blue and could hear the sound of sirens wailing, they almost sounded like they were screaming in my ears. I followed the direction of the blue flashing lights and found myself pushing past police officers until I found her lying on the floor, paremedics assisting her limp body.
"Gabriella?" I gasped my eyes widened in shock. A pool of blood lay beneath her and her face was swollen.
"What happened to her?" I felt my tear ducts stinging as I bent down to grab her hand, which was ice cold. Her skin was pale and her eyes were shut.

"Gabriella, was attacked" the paremedic replied quietly before assisting back to her. I felt sick. Who could have done this to her? I wanted to kill them.
"Everything is going to be okay, baby I promise" I said rubbing her ice cold hand with my thumb. Her eyes fluttered open slightly and she stared back at me weakly.
"Neymar?" She breathed weakly.
"I'm here for you, you are strong baby"

*
Gabriella POV

The first person I went to call was Neymar. I wasn't even sure why, but I know I needed him by my side. His warm hazel eyes made me feel comfortable and his gentle voice put my mind at ease.

I lay in a hospital bed now, the smell of antiseptic made me feel sick. Neymar was watching me, his warm eyes peering at me with concern, as I inhaled through the oxygen mask strapped around my mouth. I caught sight of my reflection through a mirror placed near the bedside and shuddered. The left side of my face was completly swollen and my eye sight was blurry in that eye also. Neymar noticed I was becoming uneasy and he grabbed my clammy hand, wrapping his big warm ones around it.

"I will always be here, whenever you need me, remember that" he whispered, a weak smiling forming on his face as his eyes glanced over at the swelling on my face.

"Who did this to you Gabriella?!" His voice got louder and he sounded more angry. I could see his brows furrowing in frustration.

I couldn't say the name. I don't know why

*
I walked around the hospital to try and get some snacks for us to eat. I wanted to take her mind off things. It was now 3am, and parts of the hospital corridors were pitch black. I'm not going to lie but I did find it slightly creepy. I looked down at my feet as I entered another corridor that was dark and found myself speed walking. I bumped into something and found myself gasping in panic. What was it? A human? I looked up and shook my head as I noticed I had crashed into some giant sort of inflatable toy. The ones that are suppose to make people feel better about going to hospital but end up making you feel more scared.
I found a vending machine eventually and bought us dozens of snacks for us to share. I hoped that it would cheer her up a bit.

"I come baring gifts" I joked as I entered the room with my arms full of the snacks.

"Christmas has come early" she replied sarcastically, however I noticed a small smirk on her face.

"Did you buy the whole bloody vending machine?" She laughed weakly as I placed the dozens of snacks on the bedside table.

3:45am

Both of us tucked into our early morning feast, trying to forget about the horrible circumstances that had happened only a few hours before. I was still furious about it, and I was going to try and find out who did it. I was scared how I would react when I found out who the person was, but I wanted Gabriella to feel safe around me. I wanted her to know she could be protected from harm. I felt like a let down right now.

A nurse came into the room, asking Gabriella how she felt. The nurse was a bit too flirty with me and I didn't like it. It annoyed me when I'm viewed as a player, in reality I was a different guy, but that's the media for you. The nurse adminstered more morphine into Gabriella's drip so that she wouldn't feel the pain from the damage to her face. I was so proud of her right now.

*
Gabriella POV
"Neymar be honest, Do I look ugly like this right now?" I sighed staring back at my reflection through the mirror. The skin on my face looked almost purple, and so bruised.

"In my eyes you can never be ugly" he replied looking down at his feet and avoiding eye contact. Was this Neymar Jr being SHY. Never did I think I would see this day.

"Come and look at the bruising closer though and tell me does it look ugly?" I replied signalling for him to come closer towards my face. He got up from the chair and his hazel eyes examined the bruising. He grazed his thumb gently against the tender skin of my cheek, his face inches away from my own. I found myself staring into his hazel eyes, I had never noticed how truly beautiful his eyes were. I don't know why but I could feel butterflies forming in my stomach whenever I looked at them. He looked back at my eyes and noticed I was staring at his.
"Why are you staring at me like that?" He whispered a small smirk playing on his lips.
"Neymar -"
He pressed his plush lips against mine. His lips felt so warm against mine right now. He pulled away gently but I pulled him back again, I pushed my own lips against his and deepened it. Our tongues snaked around eachothers and I felt myself gasp. We both pulled away and I noticed his eyes appeared darker. His lips were now pinker and he had a lopsided grin on his face.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do that"

HI GUYS!
So wow, I havent updated since last year!! I'm so sorry I've had so many exams coming up and still have a few more to go :(
I promise I will try and update sooner next time.
Neymar kissed her ;) FINALLY!
This is getting exciting now, I have so much planned for these two haha
Anyway tell me your thoughts! Comment, vote, pm etc
Thanks for all the love so far.
Stay well guys xo