Chapter 5 - The Boy Named Flynn Wisteria (part 2)

Start from the beginning

But no matter who Duke Wisteria found, all he found out was that Flynn's lack of control over his mana was due to his trauma. His guilt and sorrow caused him to be fearful of himself, which also made the mana in his body violent and flows in currents. This made it much harder for him to use his mana, and if he does manage to cast magic, the spell will be large scale and catastrophic with the large mana buildup.

It was lucky that no one had gotten severely injured. If there were many people in Flynn's surroundings at the time, then no deaths would be an unusual result.

After the incident, Flynn's siblings got much more wary of him. While Elias was at least capable of being near Flynn, Luke could too, but that was with sweating bullets and casting shield magic.

As for Adianne who still has most of her mana locked away, she was even too afraid to stay in the same room as Flynn even with the duke by her side. Even when the whole family sat to have dinner, none of the siblings felt quite at peace with Flynn by their sides. Flynn, who felt their discomfort from them decided to eat alone from that time on. At least his father often accompanies him when he is not busy.

There were some doctors and caretakers that Herick hired to relieve Flynn of his trauma when using mana, but all had failed. Now, the problem is even harder to solve now that Flynn had gotten his sister involved.

While Flynn couldn't use his mana with people in his surroundings, it did not mean that he couldn't use it at all.

East of the Wisteria Mansion lies the Nether Forest. While the forest is inhabited by many demonic beasts, the outskirts is inhabited by mostly harmless creatures.

So Flynn sometimes would sneak out to practice some more in the lush greenery, but his violent mana waves within his body is hard to control and difficult to grasp.

No matter how many times he had snuck out to practice, all that yields out is nothing but empty hopes.

But Flynn did not give up, he still constantly goes to the forest, hoping to one day grasps his skills and be capable enough to withstand the authority of the Wisteria name.

Yet his hardwork also failed him.....

____________________________________

In this scene, Bai Lian watched as Flynn, for the countless time, snuck off into the Nether Forest once again.

This time, Flynn took the posture he usually used, by sticking both of his hands out and aiming at a tree.

The outer forest is fairly bright as there are less trees. The creatures out here are harmless and tame if one doesn't bother them.

The inhabitants in this area that Flynn constantly comes to is familiar with this child, so they went about their usual business.

After the mess up he had by forcing out his mana, Flynn decided to take it in a slower pace, by calming himself and eject just a small bit of mana towards the tree.

But results only showed a small wisp of mana coming out of his hand, which can hardly form anything useful.

But even with this, Flynn was satisfied. This was the first time he had properly used his mana since after his mana lock was unlocked.

He believes that if he keeps it up, he can start using more elaborate magic like his father and siblings.

After a little while, after Flynn had conjured another 5 wisps of mana, he heard voices and footsteps coming from the outskirts of the forest, quickly approaching him.

Fearing that he would be found, and afraid that his father would know of and deny his ventures, Flynn snuck deeper into the forest, deep enough to stop hearing the steps and noises.