Chapter 5 - The Boy Named Flynn Wisteria (part 2)

Start from the beginning

But the world wasn't kind to Flynn. With his large mana capacity and previous trauma, most of the time, he was unable to cast out magic, feeling as though something inside him had been clogged up, unable to cast out any mana.

But once, when he forced himself to cast out magic, his siblings were nearby.

At first, everything was quiet as Flynn had lifted both his hands, trying to cast ice magic.

As a cold air emerged, no ice could be seen as sweat dripped off Flynn's head.

Flynn didn't give up and instead tried to break free from the lock that had seemed to be casted onto him.

A familiar headache was then felt, and with a desperate cry, he yelled for his siblings to get away.

Almost as soon as he yelled, his two brothers sped to jump away, but little Adianne wasn't as quick as her brothers.

The numerous shards shot out of the ground right after his brothers left the proximity, each ice shard a few meters long. The glistening icicles covered about a 30 meter radius of the field, and hid all the lush greenery beneath.

As of that moment, the field no longer displays the usual summer scenery and instead took form of an ice forest as the tall ice shards blocked out all of Flynn's view.

The moment the headache was gone, Flynn ran through the field filled with shards to search for his siblings.

The field was now cold, colder than winter with the frosty air emerging from the ice. But Flynn doesn't stop, he still had hope within him that his siblings wouldn't end up like his mother.

After searching around numerous ice shards, Flynn finally located the familiar small body.

Little Adianne lay motionless on the frost covered field. Luckily, she was mostly unharmed as none of the ice shards impaled her from where she was standing. A few cuts were inflicted on her fragile skin though, however, and it seemed that one of the shards knocked her out when it emerged from the ground, as a purplish bruise is exposed on her temple.

The moment he arrived by her side, his brothers had came too.

This time, their faces no longer contained resentment and anger, but rather fear and disbelief.

They knew that this wasn't Flynn's intention and that they had encouraged him to use his magic, but this was also why it made the situation all the more terrifying.

Flynn's talent is still unknown, but it's definitely strong as they can tell because no one in their generation is capable of casting such a damaging and large scale magic without a magic circle or at least a chant.

Even more, Flynn is not capable of controlling his magic. Anyone around him is submerged in danger as long as he uses his magic. This made him into a ticking bomb that's able to explode at any time, with the only way to prevent the crisis being to ban him from ever using his mana.

Even if it meant destroying his dream of becoming a mage.

____________________________________

After the incident, Duke Wisteria rushed to the field quickly after watching the scene unfold from his workroom.

The first thing he did was to bring Adianne to their doctor, who quickly healed and patched up her injuries. Since the doctor was hired by Henrik with much gold, it meant the doctor was well adversed in healing magic. Due to the quick and professional treatment, Adianne will end up with no scars.

But despite how none of them had gotten life threatening injuries, no one disagreed in that Flynn should be banned from using magic for the long run, at least until they find a way for him to control his mana.