Snitches end up in ditches

12 minutes earlier

Of all the things to happen Harley hadn't even considered a lockdown. 

He didn't know what was going on until he looked at the old man's face (or through their connection he supposed). 

It was a mix between confusion, anger and worry. One that Harley had to admit, he had seen plenty of times before. 

He heard him talk or rather yell at Spider-man. Asking if this was part of the game or not, apparently it wasn't by the look that followed on Tony's face.  

"Okay… but don't you dare go offline Parker-" 

Tony stayed silent for a while after that, nervously pacing in a circle. He gave little nods and 'uhuh's' from time to time as he listened to the other side of the line speak. 

Oh yeah. Another interesting thing. Apparently his friend PETER PARKER was SPIDER-MAN. 

Thanks for mentioning that to me Peter. It's not like Harley has a huge crush on spiderman or something.

Oh god he didn't want to think about all the times he fanboyed while working on spideys tech. WELL APPARENTLY SPIDER-MAN WAS RIGHT NEXT TO HIM GIVING HIM AMUSED LOOKS.

What must Peter think of all that? He had to have a conversation with him later. 

Harley looked over to Shuri. She looked up from her armpad and her eyes met his. It held for a second before she snorted, leading to a full cackle. 

Harley crossed his arms and gave her a disappointed glare. 

"dO yoU thINk I'lL fiNaLlY mEet SpiDeR-Man tHis TimE hE is So cOol!" she laughed.

"As if you aren't a fan!" That voice crack wasn't really helping him. 

Shuri didn't stop there. She put on the most serious expression and imitated his voice (failing horribly). 

"What did you say again? Oh right. 'No homo, but Spider-man... can like… get it. You know what I mean?"

Harley head was blushing beet red right about now. Had he actually said that when Peter was there? or only to Shuri?

Tony shushed them, causing Shuri and Harley to both shut up. Harley thanked Tony in his head.

She returned to typing on an hologramed pad on her arm, now and then sending him amused glances. 

Sometimes Harley saw security cameras pop up in the corner of her screen.

He decided he better ask Tony if he could join the conversation.

There was a beep in his ear, followed by static. Harley cried out and lowered his coms down. 

"Harley!… Smethng … ing on!" Abby's voice reached him. She sounded scared. All the joy and annoyance from earlier left him and got replaced with pure dread.