Fourteen

Alyssa sighed to herself as she answered the door to her flat. She looked to see cal and sighed "what do you want cal?" She asked as he looked to her and smiled

"I wanted to see if you were okay after all that happened with Iain and Bailee" he said as she looked to him and smiled

"I have been better. My best friend and boyfriend had an affair behind my back. Why is it every time I get pregnant they someone cheats on me I just have to admit I am not good enough" Alyssa said as cal walked in. He looked to her and smiled as he sat next to her

"you are amazing I was an idiot and so was Iain" cal said as Alyssa smiled "what am I meant to do i am pregnant with his baby" Alyssa said as cal frowned

"you don't know that. You know it could be mine" cal said as Alyssa sighed. She ran her hands through her hair and sighed

"insult don't know what I am going to do"

"your going to be a great mum to Ella and focus on yourself and I am here for you no matter what" cal said as she looked to him and smiled.

"Thanks Cal."

***

Alyssa walked into work. She saw Bailee sitting outside. Alyssa knew she shouldn't have. But she walked over. "What's wrong?" She asked.

Bailee looked up. "I-I'm... it doesn't matter. I'll get out your way," she said.

"Bails?"

Bailee shook her head. "You hate me. So I won't bother you. I'm sorry for everything," she said.

***

Alyssa looked up as Cal walked towards her. He smiled. "So maybe Ethan could mind Ella. And we can go out for dinner?" He asked.

Alyssa nodded. "Sure. Why not?"

Cal smiled and nodded. He walked off leaving Alyssa alone in thought. Alyssa saw Iain and sighed. She didn't want to see him. He walked over. "I might have messed up. But that's my baby in there. I have a right to be involved."

Alyssa scoffed. "Just stop it. You have a baby with Bailee on the way too."

"Actually. Bailee is in with Duffy. She's been bleeding. Duffy thinks she's losing the baby," Charlie said.

Alyssa frowned. She went to find Bailee. Despite what Bailee had done, Alyssa didn't want her to go through it alone.

***

Alyssa walked in. She saw Bailee lying on the bed. "Look, I don't need you starting. So please," Bailee said.

Alyssa smiled. "I came to see if you're okay?"

"I got here just in time. They can save the baby," Bailee said as she sat up. She sighed. "You can go now. I ruined your little family."

Alyssa sat down with her. "You hurt me Bails. More than anyone ever has. You were meant to be my best friend and yet you ended up pregnant by my boyfriend. I mean... why?"

Bailee shrugged. "It just happened. It didn't mean anything. But... my baby. She means everything to me."

"She?"

Bailee smiled and nodded. "Yeah. Duffy said I'm having a girl. Iain doesn't want to know. My mum isn't here. So I'm alone and a single mum. Not what I wanted. But I have no choice," she said.

***

Alyssa couldn't get Cal out of her mind. He was all she could think of. But she couldn't go there again. Not after everything that had happened.

Alyssa sighed as Cal walked towards her. He smiled. "I'll pick you up tonight?" He asked.

"Yeah. Okay."

Cal nodded and walked off. Iain walked over. "Look. I know you hate me. But I still love you. Bailee means nothing. That baby means nothing. You mean everything to me," he said.

Alyssa frowned. "So you're turning your back on your own baby? The baby is a girl. Bailee nearly lost her."

Iain shrugged. "That's Bailee's Baby. I can't go there with her. Not when I love you."

Alyssa shook her head. "I'm sorry Iain. But we are over. For good," she said as she walked off.

But did she really mean what she said?