Chapter Forty One

Start from the beginning

I know he can feel it to, as the intensity of our kiss increases, his hands pulling my waist until I'm pressed against him. Consumed by a rush of confidence and passion, I push his chest until his back is pressed against the couch. Clambering atop him, I bring my lips back to his, savouring the taste of him, the feeling of his hands which slip brazeningly under my shirt.

Suddenly he is sitting up, as if he can't lay beneath me any longer, he picks me up by the back of the thighs, walking us from the room and deeper into his unfamiliar home. I don't protest though, too consumed with the pleasure of having my mate against me and the anticipation of what may come next.

I know what we both want, but can I go through with it? Cian is still my mate, and still has no idea where I am, or what I'm doing.

We emerge into what must be Noah's bedroom, as he gently sets me down. The room has an equally beautiful view as to the one in the living room, however in this intimate setting, it's much more to admire. I sit down on Noah's bed, shivering. My body doesn't want to stop, doesn't want to be away from Noah for any longer, but my mind is a muddled, contrary mess.

"Do you think this is a good idea?" I breathe, as he sits beside me.

His gaze softens. "We don't have to do anything you don't want to."

Loosening a breath, I push away my cloudy thoughts, not wanting to fear being with my mate, especially since I believe I've officially made my decision. I will tell Cian as soon as a return, and hopefully, he will be able to move on , and we can all be happy. One day, maybe. One day when Cian is ready for a mate.

"Not too far. I just want to be close to you," I murmur, before reaching forward to kiss him.

He smiles against my lips, touching me far more gently this time. I reach for the hem of his shirt, desperate to feel his skin beneath my touch. Once it's discarded on the floor, I allow my fingers to explore, gently touching the finely muscled planes of his abdomen.

Pulling away from the kiss, Noah shifts down off the bed, kneeling before it. I watch him with a mix of curiosity and excitement, anticipating his next move, as his hands touch my knees before splaying out across my lower thigh, moving slowly upward until they disappear beneath the hem of my dress.

The warmth of his touch erupts tingles in its wake, my back bowing back with the pleasure of just a simple touch. Looking back down at him, I watch as he brushes the skirt of my dress up until it gathers at my hips, his hands coming to a stop at my upper thighs.

"I think I'm ready to choose," I say breathless, looking down at him and his glistening emerald eyes. He smiles, leaving a soft kiss only a few inches away from the hem of my underwear.

"Are you only saying that because I'm between your legs?" he questions playfully. His fingers inch up impossibly higher, making me shiver.

I lean back. "That's a great question."

With a devious smile painted across his face, Noah slowly pulls at my underwear, watching me carefully in case I change my mind. I don't, my entire body feeling as though it's set alight, as he leans down, his breath against me having my senses erupt.

I've never done this before, yet it feels so right. I'm not shy being bare to him at all. In fact, I feel empowered, and excited.

The moment his mouth touches me, I encompass the endless pleasure that consumes my body, my eyes fluttering closed. His hands pin my hips to the bed as his tongue gently sweeps across me, eliciting a devastating amount of satisfaction that has his name brushing past my lips.

I almost flinch in surprise as his fingers suddenly brush against me before sinking inside me. Reaching out to grip the soft strands of his hair, I feel the deep rumble of his laugh against me. My hips rear up, moving on him, feeling the spiral of pleasure build up to an impossible point as Noah's hands still try to contain me.