Let Them Eat Cake

True to Ali's word, the next day was just like normal high school. I still hated math and loved english. Chemistry was as good as could be imagined. Lunch was still lunch. Eating, being with your friends, and of course gossip.

"By now, you're practically famous," Eliza enthused.

"I wouldn't say that-" I started, but was cut off by Eliza.

"No, really! All of the guys think you're hot. All of the girls want to be you. You're amazing at just about everything." She dropped her voice back down to a whisper. "I've heard that Alex has a crush on you." I blushed.

"I don't think so."

"Well you should start thinking so. You should be taking all of this information and using it to your advantage."

"Really, Eliza I don't need or want to. That's like cheating."

"Suit yourself."

Lunch was over and it was time for history. The professor was talking about the French Revolution, a subject I knew well.

"Marie Antoinette was famous for her saying "let them eat cake" which sparked the revolution." I scrunched my eyebrows as the professor kept telling untrue things and tall tales about the French Revolution.

"Actually sir," I piped in. "I know that you know more about supernatural history than I do, and I'm sure you know more about many other histories... but you see sir that's incorrect." Everyone looked at me in awe.

"It is?"

"I learned about the French Revolution freshman year. I know a lot about it sir."

"How about you teach the lesson then." My cheeks got red. "Come down here, dear." I shot a quick look at Ryder who look amused. He shrugged at me. I stood in front of a class of about two hundred, and started to teach the real truth about the French Revolution. When the bell rand for the class to be over I was relieved. The students were getting into my presentation. They all looked like they were really learning. I quickly grabbed my stuff, and was about to head out the door, when the professor stopped me.

"That was impressive."

"Thank you, sir."

"If I'm being completely honest the head of this school and many others who run this school don't care much for human history. That's why they make me teach it like this. Everything you said about the French Revolution was true. I actually do know a lot about it."

"I'm sure. Sorry for doing all of that, sir."

"Enough with the sir. It's fine dear. Move along." I smiled at him and went on my way.

When I got back to my room I found Ali smirking at me.

"Oh no," I groaned.

"Everyone has heard about it. Not only are you gorgeous but you're incredibly intelligent. You have everyone rapped around your finger. It took Ryder longer than two days to that." I plopped on my bed and sighed. "You have a letter by the way." She handed to me and I opened it.

Meet me at the clock tower at 10
-R

"Who's it from?"

"A friend."

At nine fifty I slipped out the door. I was wearing my pink silk pajama pants and button up top. I put on black socks but I didn't have to energy to put on shoes. I made it outside to the clock tower at nine fifty nine. Ryder was no where to be found. So, I went inside of it. I climbed up the spiral staircase all the way to the top and there he was.

"Ryder?" He turned around and looked at me. "What do you want?"

"You said you wanted me to read your aura." I stood up straighter.

"What do you see?"

"One color for your mood. Pink. Attraction. And one color for your element."

"Which would be?"

"White. Air."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Teach me." He smirked at me and let out a chuckle.

"Now?"

"Please." He sighed.

"Close your eyes. Reach in deep into your soul. Breathe in. Stick out your hand. Breathe out." I did what he asked and took a peak. Nothing." I sighed. "It's okay. It takes awhile. You don't always get it om the first try. It took me at least two weeks the just get a small flame inside my hand. And now." He stuck out his hand and a fire blazed. He closed his hand and the fire vanished.

"Okay. I'll try again."

By the time I had just about given up, it was already two in the morning.

"We should probably be done for now."

"No I have to get this."

"We can work on it tonight-"

"No!" I didn't realize i was rising uo in the air. My hair whipped around my face. I felt a surge of energy. For a moment I was blind. Ryder looked at me in awe. I was up for less than a minute when I fell abruptly. Ryder caught me, and rubbed the hair away from my face.

"We'll work on this tonight." He brought me back to my room and layed me on the bed carefully. He then left without another word.

A/N
I would like to apologize for not updating for a very long time. I could say that for all of my stories. I haven't really been on Wattpad for a very long time. So I am very sorry. Hopefully I can start to update my stories more often. This chapter isn't super long but at least I posted one. Thanks to everyone who stuck with me. I will have a lot more time on my hands now that school is over. Anyway thank you, and I'm really sorry!