Say What Now

I woke up at the same time as usual, because I didn't care about my appearance. I curled my sleek black hair, I mean, it's my birthday, why shouldn't I? I put on a dress, that Daisy, my best friend, forced me into. It is strapless, black and pink floral, and knee length. I put it on, and applied some makeup. I put on my black vans, and hopped into my black and white mustang. I may be a nobody, but my parents are loaded, not going to lie. I drove over to Daisy's, and picked her up.

"Happy birthday Journey!" Yeah, I know. Journey, it's sort of weird, but it's original. She handed me a small box.

"Daisy! I said no presents!" She shoved the box in my face.

"I never said I was gonna listen! Open it!" So, I did. Inside the box was a necklace. The chain was gold, with a Victorian locket. Inside the locket was two pictures of Daisy and I. One from when we met in kindergarten, and the other of us on the first day as juniors.

"Daisy it's beautiful!" I hugged her tight.

"I thought it was just up our ally."

"Thank you so much!"

"No problem!" We drove to school, as the day went by pretty quickly. Same boring lectures. When it came to lunch time, I sat down at Daisy and my table. We were eating our pizza when the most popular guy at our school, and definitely the most attractive, walked up to us.

"I hear it's your birthday."

"Um... yeah... uh yeah it is." He smirked. Not a cute smirk, but more of a devilish smile. I was suddenly scared. He grabbed me by my arm, and pulled me out to the middle of the lunch room. Then he backed away from me.

"Fire away boys," he said with the same smirk. Then, I felt something slimy drop all over my body. It was cold, but then my body went rigged. I started to heat up. I was angry. Everybody looked at me in awe. Some even looked scared. Even Daisy.

"What?" I asked.

"Your hair, and your eyes," Daisy said, still looking frightened. I ran to the bathroom, and what I saw made me understand what the fuss was about. My hair had turned gold, and my eyes a very light blue. When I mean gold, I mean gold. My hair wasn't just a golden blonde, it was literally the color of gold. My once grey eyes, were sky blue. I stepped back towards the wall, and with my luck, I slipped and hit my head. As cliché as this sounds, I slipped into utter darkness.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I woke up in my room. My mother was hovering over me.

"Journey?" It took me a while to fully open my eyes.

"Mom?"

"Oh Journey! You're okay!"

"Yeah Mom, I'm fine. What the hell is wrong with me?"

"Language!"

"Sorry."

"Nothing is wrong with you. You just aren't... human."

"Say what now? What do you mean not human?"

"Exactly that. You are a siren Journey." I start to laugh. Like really laugh. I probably had abs by then. My mother had always been a serious person, so for her to say something like that was hilarious. I turned my head to look back at her, just to find her staring at me with the most serious expression I have ever seen her have.

"Mom? Are you going crazy?"

"No sweety."

"But Mom! Listen to yourself! You belong in a mental institution!"

"Watch your tone! I am being serious!"

"Mother! There is no such thing as a siren! Or any other supernatural shit!"

"Journey Danielle Younglight! Watch your language! I am telling you this because it is true. Vampires! Werewolves! Fairies! Mermaids! Sirens! All of it!" Her voice turned to a harsh whisper. "Please Journey. It's all real. I must send you somewhere. For people like you. A supernatural. It's a school. You will learn about everything there. Please. Trust me." I could tell she was being serious. I mean, look at my body. I noticed that I was taller, my curves were more defined, my lips were fuller, and a shade of light pink as if I were wearing lipstick. I had changed drastically in a matter of hours. Maybe she is telling the truth, I thought. Maybe I am a supernatural. Well, this should be interesting.