Hunter's Moon

The dinner was good. There were many choices. Steak, blood, raw fish, some seaweed onsomble, salad, and fresh fruit. Me, being a vegetarian, decided to have fresh fruit, and a salad.

"You are so skinny! Seriously. You need to eat some steak," Ali said.

"I'm a vegetarian."

"That's right. I totally forgot. Sirens."

"What?"

"All sirens are vegetarians. They also tend to back away from processed foods." Now that I think about it, she's right. I nodded in agreement.

"So, Journey," Eliza started. "How are you liking it at Supernatural Academy?"

"It's..." I paused looking for the right word. "interesting." Everyone laughed.

"That it is." It is quite for awhile, until Eliza started up again. This time, in a whisper.

"I hear there's a party tonight. We are all invited."

"A party?" I ask. "Already?" Lily giggled. That fairy giggle. It sounded like little bells ringing.

"It's for you," Lily explained.

"For me?"

"Yeah," Aaron cut in. "You are all everyone seems to be talking about." He stood up, along with Lily, and Eliza.

"Party's at nine," Eliza said. "You better be ready." She linked arms with Aaron, and they walked away. Aaron and Eliza are so cute together. However, Aaron is oblivious of Eliza's feelings for him. Ali then got up, and I followed her.

"Well," she starts. "The party is in two hours. We better get you ready." I followed her up into the room. She started throwing clothes everywhere. Trying to find the right outfit.

"I don't have a dress," I cut in.

"That's true. However, I think I have something for you. I bought it once, but I never wore it. You are a little thing. I think it will fit you." She kept looking, suddenly getting frustrated. Her face lights up when she comes across a golden dress. She threw it at me.

"Here, try this on."

"More gold?" I asked. Not rudely, just out of curiosity.

"We have to keep up the colors. So everyone knows who they are talking to." I nodded, and walked towards the bathroom. It was a bodycon dress, falling mid thigh. It had sleeves that went just above my elbow. The back had a 'u' cut, that managed to stop right above my ass. To top it all off, it was filled with sparkle. I put on my necklace, and made my way out of the bathroom. Ali was in a silver, sweetheart neckline, bodycon dress. It fell just above her knees. She is looking at me in awe. She flashed her pearly white smile, before dragging me over to a chair. She took away the mirrors so I couldn't look at myself before she was finished.

When she was finally done, she handed me a mirror. I had on mascara, that made my eyelashes look very long. My eyeliner was the perfect cat eye, and I had no need for blush or lipstick. My cheeks were already tinted, and my lips were pink. My hair was curled again. Perfectly, I might add.

"Thank you, Ali."

"No problem." I waited a few minutes for her to do her hair and makeup. She straighened her hair, and kept her makeup much like mine. She linked arms with me, and practically dragged me outside.

"Where are we going?"

"There is this club that Supernaturals at this school rent for parties. We can't very well have them here." I nodded, because it made sense. We got in a cab, and the cabbie dropped us off at a place that had a slight glamour. It was made to look like a little old lady's house, but when I focused, I saw a club. The Hunter's Moon.

"It is owned by some werewolves. Hense the name." I nodded. "Well, are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."  She walked into the club, and I followed her. People were already 'dancing' when we arrived. Some were out right passed out on the floor, drunk. We arrived at nine fifteen. If that tells you anything. As I entered, people wolf-whistled. No pun intended.  Ali dragged me over to the bar, and ordered these sparkling pink drinks. I look at her worriedly, but she just smiled in return.

"Come on," she said. "It's great, I promise." She raised her glass.

"TO JOURNEY!" Ali screamed. Others had raised their glass, and repeated after her. The drink was good. Very fruity. I caught a quick glance of Ryder, who smirked at me. Eight glasses later, Ali was falling out of her seat. She was drunk out of her mind. But, me? I barely felt a buzz. She pulled me out onto the dance floor, and we danced for what seemed like eternity. Our other friends joined us eventually. I was having a great time, when I felt someone grab my arm. I turned to see Ryder. He was motioning me to follow him, so I did. I was lead out the back door, and into the crisp night.

"What do you want?" I asked. When he didn't answer, I gave him an annoyed glare. It had been minutes of silence, when I started to ask questions.

"How come everyone in there is drunk off their ass, and we aren't?" I asked, motioning towards the club.

"Alcohol barely affects sirens. It would take a hell of a strong drink to get us like them." I nodded my head.

"We're different you see," he continued. "We are more powerful than them. Like with our abilities-"

"What's with this ability thing? I don't have one."

"Yes you do. Each siren can channel one of the elements. Earth, air, water, or fire. Unless you are a Royal. We can see peoples auras. The color differs depending on their mood. Sirens' auras are the color of their mood, with a slight mix of their element. If you concentrate, you can see." So, I concentrated.

"Yours is a bunch of different colors." His jaw clenched. It was true, though. I saw red, blue, green, purple, and white.

"The alcohol is probably messing with your vision."

"I thought you said alcohol doesn't effect us?"

"I said barely. With as much as you have had to drink, it is messing with your abilities. Peoples' thoughts are probably jumbled in your head right now." I didn't want to admit it, but he was right.

"What's mine?"

"Pardon?"

"My aura?" He looked at me for a moment, his expression turned to surprise, but it left so fast I thought I imagined it.

"The alcohol in your system is... blocking it. So to speak."

"Oh." He nodded. "Well, will you tell me when I'm sober?"

"You are sober."

"When I'm more sober?" He looked at me, hard. His gaze, so intense. I felt the need to back away. He nodded again.

"You should go inside," he said. "Your friends are worried about you. The party is over." I checked my phone, and sure enough, it was two in the morning. I stared at Ryder in confusion, but he just shrugged his shoulders. I walked back into The Hunter's Moon, and was bombarded with hugs and relieved sighs.

"Where were you?" Lily asked. "We were worried sick."

"I'm fine. Let's just go." Everyone still stared at me with worry, but I walked outside.

We made it back around two thirty. I took a quick shower, and hopped on my bed. It was a long night. I needed sleep. However, sleep was hard to come by. I was too awake. When it finally came, I wasn't sure if it came at all.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Hey guys! How are you liking the story? If you are confused on anything, don't be afraid to ask questions. I'll answer them, personally, or in the book itself. Thanks for reading!

QOTD: Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world. ~Marilyn Monroe

~Kenzie