Chapter Twenty Two- Ignorance Is Bliss

A/N The end is soon, I just don't know how to continue this story any more. I have the ending written out already, I just need to put in the rest of the chapters to lead up to the end.
It's gonna be a roller coaster argh....

POTTED POTTER IS THE MOST MAGICAL, AMAZING, FUNNIEST THING IN THE WORLD. IF IT'S EVER NEAR YOU, BUY TICKETS OH MY GOSH.

Happy New Year!

*

~I'm done with everything. Nothing is going my way -it never has- and I think that my time is up. No one is there to help me, so why not?~ E.L.

*

The wind blew softly and the snow crunched beneath their feet as Emma and Remus walked in silence to the carriages that led to Hogsmead. Emma could hear all the conversations and laughs coming from ahead and behind them, people were happy to get away from school and be able to buy more candies and spend time with friends. She sighed quietly, putting her hands in her pockets as she walked with her head down. Remus was looking around, glancing behind him often to glare at a black dog that seemed to be following the two, along side it was James, Peter, Lily, Daisy, and Elle.

Emma noticed them too but continued to walk as if she had no idea.
"Where would you like to go first?" Remus asked, followed by a clearing of his throat.
"We're not there yet, Remus." Emma said with a small smile as she walked up to the carriages.
"We'll walk, it'll be peaceful. Give us time to talk alone." Remus said hastily, grabbing her forearm gently and walking her to the path.
"Talk about what, exactly?" Emma asked finally looking up at him.
She was nervous, she knew what he wanted to talk about and she was not ready for the conversation.
"Well..." He paused as they walked down the path.
"It's about my trying to kill myself, isn't it?" Emma finished for him brushing her hair behind her ear.
"Yeah." Is all he said. They walked in silence for a few minutes more before he broke it again.
"Why?" He silently pleaded, his eyes softer than before as she looked him straight in the eye.
"There are reasons you wouldn't understand." Emma replied looking straight forward.
"Can I tell you a story?" Remus spoke with the tone of hesitance, it made her more anxious than before. She bobbed her head up in down in a, 'Yes' motion.
"I love chocolate." he began. "I've loved chocolate since I was ten. Not because of the taste, although amazing, because of another reason." Snowflakes swirled in the sky now as she waited for him to continue.
"Chocolate can kill dogs," Remus added, "and I'm a werewolf. Ultimately, the same thing. So, I decided that I'd try to kill that part of me. Kill the ugly beast inside of me since I couldn't stand knowing how terrible I truly am.
"My parents wouldn't let me around other kids, in fear of me blurting out my secret. Not until Dumbledore came to tell my parents that I'd be fine to come to school, he had Sprout plant the Whomping Willow." He looked down for a moment,
"I had a clever thought, if chocolate can kill dogs..." He let out a bitter laugh,
"Then it can kill the wolf within. But it didn't work. Nothing worked."

Emma stared at him for a couple seconds as they continued to walk.
"I'm sorry." Emma said softly. Remus shook his head,
"Don't be."

They silently walked into the village, the only sound was the distant voices and the snow crunching beneath their feet.
"Honeydukes?" Remus asked nudging Emma. She nodded timidly following him to the brightly lit, packed candy shoppe.

*

He stared across bar/restaurant, watching Emma and Remus drink butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks. Bitterly, he sat with Severus and a couple of Slytherins.
"What does she see in Lupin." Trent glowered, almost downing his butterbeer he had spiked with fire whiskey.
"They're both half bloods." Avery said with an eye roll without sparing the two a glance.
"She tried to kill herself after almost dying. Come off it, Trent. Let her be happy." Severus said quite disgruntled.
"I thought you were in love with Evans." Trent snapped at him. Severus returned his glare with an icy stare,
"Keep your trap shut, Trent."
"Gladly, Severus."