Chapter Thirteen- Fun

~The water is clear,
But your wrists are stained.
Your face says happy,
But your mind says pained~ Unknown

*

Emma's eyes widened, "What?" Her dad was dating a witch? And now their going to get married? Amelia frowned slightly, "Norman never told you?" Emma shook her head, "No," Amelia clicked her tongue. "Well," she stated, "he's going to get an earful. Oh! Right, lets get going! I've got to finish dinner!" Dinner? She was going to eat dinner with them?

Amelia grabbed Emma's arm and the pair of them went to the Floo station. Emma got in, said her address, and was spat out onto the living room floor of her house. She wiped the ash from her hair and shoulders before stepping away from the fireplace. Amelia walked out gracefully, grinning brightly at Emma. Boy, she was happy.

"Go ahead, go to your room. Your father is at work, he'll be home soon." Emma nodded and ran up the stairs. She went into her room and locked the door, sitting on her bed. He was getting married. Poor Amelia didn't know what he's done to her... What would she do if she knew? Oh, Emma had to get Amelia out of this relationship before she gets hurt.

She thought on ways to get the two to breakup but nothing came to mind. So, she sat on her bed for at least an hour, staring out the window. A silent knock came from her door. Emma stood, unlocking and opening the door. There Norman stood, "You're confused." He stated, walking in without any invitation. He turned to her, "Amelia means a lot, girl. I don't want you to say anything about what I've done to you or you will pay. Now, we will act like a happy family, the two of us. Got it?" Emma nodded her head obediently. He smiled proudly, but it was sick on his face.

He walked out without a word. Emma locked her door again, kicking her now full sized trunk in anger. It was too good to be true, she knew it. He would never change. Once an abuser, always an abuser. She sighed, sitting on the edge of her bed. She pulled a small box out from under her bed. She hesitantly opened it, revealing a small, purple pouch with butterflies and swirls sewn on it. She tugged the pouch open, gently grabbing a pencil sharpener's razor. She's longed for this feeling, she's missed it.

*

"Go for a walk,," Amelia said happily, "dinner will be ready at 6." It was three now. "Okay," she smiled at Amelia. Emma turned to leave the kitchen when she called her back, "Here," she handed her some pounds, "go get a treat," Emma grinned at her and thanked her. She walked to the front door, putting her boots and jacket on and walked out the front door.

"Sorry!" A girl had crashed into Emma as she was walking. Emma stood, brushing snow off, "Its alright, no harm done." She smiled at the dark skinned girl with wide brown eyes and straight hair up to her shoulders. They looked about the same age. "I'm Helena, and you are?" The girl asked holding out her hand. Emma timidly shook it, "I'm Emma."

Helena grinned wickedly, "Well, Emma, care to join me and my friends? We're about to play a game of man-hunt." Emma stared at her confused, "Man-hunt?" Sounded like a crazy murderous game to her. Helena gasped, "You've never played before?" Emma shook her head. She grabbed Emma's arm and pulled her along into the park.

The park had two swing sets, a merry go round, a see-saw, and a slide. Nothing much. But seeing as it was winter, it was too cold to go to the park. Except them, maybe. There was a group of kids bundled up, standing by a tree in the wide field beyond the park. The two ran up to it, "This here is Emma. She's gonna play," Helena stated. The group of six fifteen year olds greeted her with enthusiasm. "Put your feet in-" "This is so childish," Bradley, one of the handsome boys complained, cutting the girl, Patricia, off. She glared at him, "Shut it! Put your feet in. I call King Counter!" She called out before anyone else.

Emma was sure she was to have fun with these kids.

*

After an eventful game, Emma had to go home. She bid farewell to her new found friends, Helena, Bradley, Patricia, Tomas, Xavier, and Raine. They were extremely nice and funny kids, though very childish, reminding her of the Marauders. When she walked through the front door, a delicious smell of pot roast drifted towards her. She took off her jacket and boots, walking into the kitchen. Amelia was standing at the window, smiling as snow fell from the sky.

"Smells good," Emma said quietly. Amelia jumped, "Oh dear, hello Emma! You startled me! No worries, though! Thank you!" Amelia was just so happy, it put a smile on Emma's face just hearing her voice. "Did you have fun?" Emma shrugged, "Me and some other kids hung out," If by hung out you mean play children's games, then yeah, we hung out, Emma thought sarcastically.

"That's good!" Amelia smiled. Emma dug into her pocket and handed her soon to be step-mother her money back, "I never used it, so here." Amelia rolled her eyes, leaning against the counter, "Keep it."

After dinner, which was spent with Emma listening to Amelia and Norman talk about their wedding next year, and dessert (ice cream) Emma left the two planning adults to go upstairs to her bedroom, planning on sleeping. But, she was taken aback. A white and black owl was perched on her dressed, hooting softly as she entered. Emma left Starry at Hogwarts, not thinking she'd need her. She locked her door and the owl flew upon her shoulder, letting a letter drop into her open palms. Emma closed her opened window, confused on how the owl got in, and sat on her bed.

Emma Loren it read on the front, along with her address. She curiously opened up the envelope to reveal thick, yellow parchment. The letter read,

"Hello, Miss Loren,

You are being asked to come to BrownsBurry Wizardry School in England for the summer. We can teach you anything you want to know and you don't have to pay for anything. Your remarkable grades impress us, so please, consider coming.

Please, fill out the sheet attached and send us your decision by March 15th. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Headmistress Judie Alter,
Order of Merlin; First Class"

She folded the paper, setting it on her night table, thinking about it. She could escape during the summer and learn more than before. It could be a good opportunity, especially to get a good job. Should she go? She didnt know... She should run it past Lily, Daisy, and Elle. See if they too got a letter. Hopefully they did, Emma didn't want to spend the whole summer away from her friends.

Emma laid back on her bed, ignoring the fact she was still in her normal clothes, and sighed. Her friends were supposed to owl her soon. When would they?

A/N Hey guys :) how's the chapter? I'd love some feed back.

Go check out the Contest for this book. It'll be fun :)

Bye!

~AwesomePegacorn