chapter 10

porcelain doll, chapter 10

taehyung bit his lips as he stares at the doll still sleeping on his bed, motionless.

it's been a week since they last talked and lisa wasn't moving even a bit, making him nervous.

although it seems weird but the fact that he just met lisa in less than a month and there he is, waiting for the doll to flutter her eyes open.

taehyung doesn't know why but he doesn't want to lose the doll or the girl herself, he can't.

he can't afford to lose someone else after jennie.

taehyung might not spend a lot of time with lisa yet but there's a feeling in his gut that lisa can cover and fix his broken heart from jennie's death.

so he waited.

and waited.

and waited.

and waited.

"taehyung-ah! it's time for school, you've been staring at that doll almost every morning these past months. hurry, your dad still has work!" mrs. kim shouted from the other side of the door.

taehyung quickly put on his shoes and careless lisa's blonde hair, "good morning, lisa-ssi." he greeted before leaving his room.

weird but that's what he does every now and then since the day lisa stopped moving, it's been a month now.

and with a small amount of time, taehyung didn't understand why he grew in touch with the doll.

why?

taehyung arrived at his school and was greeted by his best friend, jimin.

"tae! hurry class is about to start!" he shouted while running towards him, swinging his arm around taehyung's shoulder.

the two ran towards their classroom, panting as they reached the room with their classmates still chit-chattering with each other.

"oppa!" chaeyoung greeted taehyung, the boy also greeted her back with his box smile.

"good morning, chaeyoung!" taehyung said as he sat down beside jimin, his eyes fell to jisoo's empty chair.

jisoo has been stealing glances at him from time to time so it was now a habit of his eyes falling to jisoo's chair every now and then.

but jisoo, the class president, a straight a student is nowhere to be found? that's unlikely of her.

"taehyung? earth to taehyung!" jimin shouted, softly slapping taehyung out of his world of thoughts.

"y-yeah?" taehyung says, jimin followed his gaze to jisoo's chair before leaning back, crossing his arms.

jimin gave him a curious look, "do you like jisoo, tae?" he question in which taehyung quickly shook his head.

"of course not! it's just unlikely of her to be absent today." taehyung explained, "she's always around, you know."

jimin wiggled his eyebrows at him, "so you miss her?" taehyung gave the smaller man a glare.

"i don't."

yes, taehyung does not like kim jisoo in that way.

he too young for that.

yeah, too young for those lovey-dovey things.