chapter 2

porcelain doll, chapter 2

four months after the dreadful accident, the kim family found themselves singing a happy birthday song to their only son, taehyung, who is turning twelve.

"happy birthday, our taehyung~ happy birthday to you!" they cheered as the now twelve-year-old taehyung blew the candles of his cake, smiling in happiness.

"thank you mom and dad!" the boy exclaimed, running towards his parents giving the two a hug, his cheeks being squished in the middle of his parents' faces.

"smile!" the family let out a big genuine smile as they carried their only son in their arms, feeling happy as ever as seokjin took a snap, the flash flickering as he presses the button of his polaroid camera.

the family continued celebrating until it was late and everyone started leaving one by one, not forgetting to greet the birthday boy one last time.

mrs. kim was cleaning the kitchen with taehyung sitting on the kitchen counter, his legs dangling as he hums a specific lullaby.

the sound of the doorbell echoed through the whole house, mr. kim then walked downstairs.

"hon, it's probably namjoon!" mrs. kim yelled to her husband, mr. kim only let out a hum in response.

taehyung stared at the door in confusion as he watches how his father opened the door and seeing his uncle arriving so late to his birthday party and was carrying a large... doll?

confuse, taehyung looked at his mom who was wiping her wet hands on her apron "mom, why is uncle joon late?" the boy questions while mrs. kim just smiled at his son.

"he was busy preparing for your birthday gift, baby. come on, let's greet him." mrs. kim said, extending her hand to his son in which taehyung accepts, bouncing off the kitchen counter.

"uncle joon!" the boy exclaimed, stumbling towards the older, his blue pajamas making him look like a fluff ball.

"hey tae! sorry uncle joon is late but happy birthday, kiddo!" namjoon greeted, kneeling at the same height as taehyung before ruffling the boy's hair, his famous dimples in display.

"it's okay uncle joon!" taehyung says, smiling widely until his eyes caught a realistic-looking doll standing firm and motionless behind his uncle.

"by the way, uncle joon. what's this?" the boy curiously questions, his doe eyes eyeing the doll that is probably a few inches smaller than him from head to toe.

namjoon properly stands up, giving mr. and mrs. kim a smile before focusing his gaze on taehyung who was busy staring at the much smaller realistic-looking doll.

the tall man looked at his creation in full admiration before ruffling his nephew's hair once more, he then carries the doll, the doll moving elegantly like a real human being.

he puts the doll in front of taehyung, the doll not moving an inch.

"this is my gift for you, tae. please take care of her. she's very delicate and can easily break. her head is made of porcelain- her body is too. so meet lisa, she's eleven years old, your new friend."

taehyung's eyes widened as he stares at the doll in front of him,

before his screams engulf the whole house.