He found the remote and turned it on. I watched the news. It was just the weather.

"What am I looking at? It's just weather."

"Just wait a second."

Sure enough, after a few seconds it changed. When I saw the headline, I nearly dropped my phone.

'Inmate Holds 6 Other Inmates Hostage in NY Prison'

The woman began speaking. "Convicted murder, Chris "Motionless" Cerulli is holding 6 inmates hostage in a prison in New York. He took a gun from one of the prison guards and has shot and killed the 4 guards that stormed the room. Cerulli has barred the door and refuses to open it until he sees someone named "Ricky." This is the security footage from the prison. The content is graphic. Viewer discretion is advised."

It switched to a video. Chris was sitting at a table with another man sitting across from him. All of a sudden, he attacked the man. He beat him half to death before attacking two more. Guards rushed into the room. Chris took one of their batons and attacked him. He took a gun and shot all 4 of them. He pushed a table in front of the door.

There was a woman talking. She was trying to get him to open the door. He repeatedly refused, accusing her of being the reason he can't remember anything. And then he told her that he wouldn't open the door until he got what he wanted.

And what he wanted was me.

My name was all he said.

"Holy shit."

"Yeah. You have to get back. There are cops here looking for you. They want to take you to him."

"Fuck. Tell them that I'm in Philly right now. Do not say where I really am. Um...Tell them I'll go straight to New York."

I hung up with her and grabbed the remote. I rewinded the video. I watched it over and over again.

He seemed off. It seemed as though there was something wrong with Chris. When he backed against the wall with the gun, it looked like he was whispering something. He had this blank, crazed look in his eye. He looked both scared and angry at the same time. The way he acted was almost animalistic. Something happened to him while he was in jail.

Something tell me that he's not my Chris anymore.

I mean, I knew he'd be different afterwards, but I didn't think he'd be like this. Especially not so soon.

I had to go to him. I didn't care about the people in there. They can die. But I need to see what's wrong with him. Something clearly happened to him.

"Are you going?" Jinxx asked.

"Yeah." I whispered. "I have to. There's something wrong with him."

"How do you know?"

"Chris is the most calm and collected person I've ever met. He'd never act like this. Something happened to him— or is happening to him— and this is how he's trying to stop it. This is the only way he can stop it. It's a cry for help."

"Oh. I mean, I've never met him, but I always heard he was a little crazy."

"He's not crazy. He just has ways of handling things that are not...conventional." I said.

Jinxx just nodded.

I stood up and put my phone back in my pocket. "Get this cleaned up. Put the body where it can be found."

He nodded.

I grabbed my stuff and walked back out to the car. As soon as I got inside, I took my phone out. I dialed Ryan Ashley's number and listened to it ring. 

"Hello?"

"There's been a change of plans. I have to go to New York."

"What? Why?"

"Where are you?"

"Home."

"Turn on the news."

"What channel?"

"Any one."

I heard her moving around. She was silent for a few minutes."What the fuck?"

"You see it?" I asked. "That's why I need to go to New York."

"Uh...Yeah. I'll tell the pilot."

"Hurry. Please."

"Andy! Put the news on!"  I heard her call. "Get everyone in the living room. Now!"

She hung up. I put the phone down and started the car. 

I headed towards the airport. I have to get there as fast as I can. 

He needs me. 

------

comment what you think is going to happen

~xxLux