Chapter Seven - It's a Bump, Einstein

Well, here it is! :D I would have uploaded sooner, but our internet got cut off up until TODAAAAAAAAY! Which, honestly, makes me really happy and perky. XD I missed the cyberworld. 

Well, here goes! Tell me what you guys think! :D

-Kierra XX

P.S. Does anybody else here know about the band Before You Exit??

Chapter Seven – It’s a Bump, Einstein

                I’m not sure if you would agree with me, but I think telling your best friend about you and how you’re actually a fairy is something that is bound to be weird.

                I expected something clearly more dramatic. Like, a few, “Are you kidding me?” or “Remy, don’t even make fun of me” or even “Rems, you know you’re my best friend and everything, but you seriously have to see a doctor.”

                Apparently, if your best friend was named Wesley Kinsley, he would just look you in the eye, silently accepting every weird thing coming out of your pretty little mouth. I mean, seriously.

                So, I just found myself in the cafe within the campus (because rich, snotty boarding schools really need a cafe inside the campus), enjoying a cup of latte as I talked about something I never thought I would ever tell other people with someone I never thought I would ever talk to about this.

                I always figured I would end up telling Angela first, knowing that she’s closest to me than anyone else. But then again, I wouldn’t tell anyone if I could help it.

                “Okay. Wow.” Wes leaned back against his chair and looked away from my eyes after right after I finished explaining.

                I bit my lower lip. “Um, yeah.”

                A moment of silence aired around us. Yeah, completely not awkward at all. God, I could have done so much better if he just reacted with What the freak are you talking about!? way instead of the Wow way.

                “Look, Rems. I... I never actually it could be real. You know, about Saturday night or about the whole fairy godmother thing. I mean, I’m still half-expecting you to suddenly yell ‘Gotcha!’ in my face any second now.” He shook his head and sighed, taking this in.

                Okay, so I know you’re thinking Why the hell did she just tell Wes!? She could have lied! Well, just for the record, I did try to lie myself out of this earlier, around twenty minutes ago. Let’s just say I’ve never really had the reputation of a good liar because I came up with a pathetic excuse for a lie. Which was, “Oh, Saturday night? Psssh! I was just rehearsing for this school play the theatre club is having!”

                And of course, Wes just narrowed his eyes at me and said, “Rems? First off, we won’t be having the school play until much, much later and bloody hell, Remy. You’re not even part of the theatre club. No offense, Remy, but you act no better than a—” But he stopped himself before the insult could across. (By the way, I wasn’t really offended.)

                Of course, after that showcase of my oh-so-amazing lying skills, I had to resort to telling him the truth. Which I just did.

                “So, it’s all true?” he asked me, finally meeting my eyes.

                “You can’t tell anybody. No one, not even you actually, should know,” I said quietly, cringing at the consequences my pathetic lying skills had taken me.