Chapter Eight - Some Guys Still Believe in Chivalry

• Dedicated to Maby Castro

HI GUYS! Happy New Year!! And okay, I should probably apologize because I HAVE NOT UPDATED FOR SO LONG, but yeah. I was just a little busy and I had a major case of writer's block. I could even say that this chapter isn't one of my best because I'm still having some writer's block, but please bear with me. :D 

Also, filler chapter ahead. :P 

-Kierra XX

P.S. I'm beginning to think I have a strange liking to Wes. 

Chapter Eight – Some Guys Still Believe in Chivalry

                A normal teenage girl in a preppy boarding school would probably spend her Wednesday night inside her own room, lying on her bed, laughing with her roommate and telling secrets and stuff. Well, I’ve never really been much of a normal girl, so instead, this is how I ended up spending my Wednesday night. Although how I actually ended up here (or down here, technically), I’m not quite sure.

                I was lying on my stomach under Kyle’s bed, my face squashed between the floor and the mattress. Don’t ask me why exactly I am here. All I know is the fact that the doorknob twisted and I did the first thing that popped into my brain, which was, of course, duck under the bed. It was probably not the brightest of my ideas, but it was either that or risk myself getting found in the boys’ dormitory inside Kyle’s room, which would most likely result to the both of us getting expelled.

                From my oh-so-amazing vantage point, I could see seven pairs of feet enter the room. That was all I could see. I couldn’t even see past their knees or anything.

                “Why weren’t you opening the door, dude?” somebody with a deep voice asked.

                “U-uhh, I was... in the bathroom,” Kyle replied.

                “Okay.” I watched as all seven pairs of feet made their way to the bed, the door closing as they bounded across the room.

                “You coming to the party next week, right?” Deep Voice spoke again.

                I tried to adjust myself in such a position that I could actually breathe, but before I could even move an inch, the mattress sunk and I was suddenly getting more and more compressed. Oh my gosh. It only means that somebody had just jumped on the bed.

                “Party? When is that again?” Kyle asked, completely unaware of the fact that his fairy godmother (sort of) is currently on her way to becoming a super thin pancake.

                “Next week,” somebody with a weirdly squeaky voice answered.

                “I’ll think about it,” Kyle said after a moment of silence.

                “Uh, dude? It’s a party. What’s there to think about?”

                As the mattress suddenly sunk even lower, I realized that I have never truly appreciated the presence of oxygen up until now, realizing that being stuck here and inhaling all these dust motes is probably unhealthy. Not to mention completely unpleasant.

                “Well, we’ll see about it,” I heard Kyle say. “Hey, guys! Why don’t we go out for a while?”

                Finally! I don’t think I could stay down here much longer. I would rather face Madrina’s wrath than die from suffocation because I was hiding under a bed. In Kyle Hughes’ room. Inside the boys’ dormitory. I internally groaned. Count on me to end up in this stupid situation.