Recipe for Disaster

Hyun Bin POV

"How's London doing you, son?" Dad asked me.

"Better than ever. We're doing so much better there rather than this palace. This place has done me no good. I'm chuffed you'll be out of here soon."

"Don't say that, this is the greatest achievement in the Hyun family history, " Mom tapped my hand.

"Oh well, a president, then I say I am proud of you, Dad. What's your plan after this, Dad, Mom?"

"I'm going to go back to our house, enjoying Seoul, back active in the stock and bond market. Might be once in a while fly to London to visit my son and the grandchildren, soon. Globe-trotting with your Mom, she deserves it. I have so many things I need to make up to her," said Dad who was looking at Mom with wistful eyes, hands squeezing each other.

"Being in love apparently not that bad, take care of my Mom, will you Dad?"

"Being in love looks good on you," Mom teased me.

"What about you, Yejin? You look radiant. Looks like London doing you good, dear," Dad asked her.

"I like it there, in our own new gaff, we are comfortable, Sir," Yejin answered, clearly still uncomfortable but I appreciate how Dad was trying to mend things between me through her.

I have told Mom clearly, that if Dad can't accept Yejin then I won't come to Seoul ever. He was tense at first, but then he said since the political stage was about to over, then time for family business. Finally, the president was aware that he has forgotten to be a husband and a father for years.

"I bet Bin must have spoiled you there. Got everything that you've wanted?"

She just smiled slightly and nodded.

"We're planning to go to Daegu tomorrow to visit Yejin's parents."

"That can be done another day. I need you to help me with something tomorrow before I go to Paris." Dad asked.

"No, you'll be unemployed after this so anything you want me to help, what about after Paris? meet me in London, it's so close to Paris, I can go there too if you want me to.

"Today's lunch is fancier than the usual," Dad made a comment.

"Bin, these are your favorites, baby, especially this. It's the spicy bulgogi you asked me to find the recipe, innit? I'll ask the chef later!" Yejin asked, pointing at spicy bulgogi, who looked so similar to other bulgogi but it tastes like heaven.

"Dench!"

"Speaking like a true Brit, aren't ya?" Mom chuckled.

"Someone's full of beans, today," Dad commented, "pass me the mung beans, honey," Dad asked Mom to pass her the ice mung beans, his favorite dessert.

"I'm sorry, I need to excuse my self," Yejin sat up and tapped my shoulder.

"Is something wrong, baby?"

She just winked and off.

"Did we say something wrong?" Mom asked.

"Nah. She's just a bit lurgy this morning. Is that the mung bean from Dad's favorite restaurant?"

"Yes, the Summer Palace has the best ice mung beans."

"Please, Dad, every mung beans tastes the same."

"Oh Bin, maybe Yejin is sick? You shall take her to our doctor, Bin. Oh! Maybe she is pregnant?" Mom changed the topic, not focusing on the mung beans but her future grandchildren.