Porch Swing

They really do mean that nothing is as it seems in Brindleshiar. A few days ago a girl that looked like she was three years old helped me to figure out Leo's aura. Might I say that his aura is as beautiful as he is handsome.

In the days the followed there were constant screams coming from behind the double doors down the corridor. Steve was convinced that it was Dr. Aiken torturing Hazel for information. Trying to see why she was under my bed.

I couldn't take the screaming anymore, so I left my room in hope that I could make them stop. To save Hazel from this foul treatment. Only to be intercepted by Leo.

"Leo?" I questioned looking up into his beautiful eyes that seemed so haunted now. He didn't say a word. Leo just took my hand leading me out of the house.

Once we were outside and the screaming hidden behind heavy oak doors, he spoke.

"I'm sorry."

"What why?"

"I should have come sooner, so that you didn't have to hear the tortured screams."

"You can't make him stop?" I asked, sitting down on the white porch swing, collecting the throw pillow in my lap. Leo sat down beside me draping his arm along the backside of the swing, his long legs stretched out in front of him. However, he looked anything but relaxed.

"No... If I interfere he will figure out what's going on. Hazel has been through this before. She has become quite the pro... which is awful to say. But it's true." Leo sighed heavily.

"How often?"

"People have been escaping this place for centuries. By people who share your gift. Your sister saved quite a few before she passed. May she Rest In Peace"

I looked down at my hands wrapped around the pillow. I don't remember my sister. I don't really remember much of anything about this place.

Leo caressed my cheek, looking into my eyes.

"I am sorry I took your memories."

"I—" he put a finger to my lips. Then looked towards the door. Dr. Aikens stepped out onto the porch, a look of pure hatred on his face. He was wiping his hands with a bloodied handkerchief mumbling vile words under his breath. He stopped suddenly, his head snapping in our direction.

"No one escapes Brindleshiar." He growled, turning his head to look out into the yard. Leo wrapped his arm protectively around my shoulders, pressing his soft lips to my temple.

The sky opened up with a heavy rain, lightning struck and the thunder roared. Just in time for a silver car to pull up into the driveway. Dr. Aiken smiled evilly stepping off the porch with total disregard to the weather. Not that it mattered, the rain didn't even touch him.

Weird.

Leo chuckled beside me. I keep forgetting he can read thoughts.

"He can control the elements... the storm is his doing."

"Is there anything he can't do?"

"Control you." Leo winked.

"Really?"

"Well anyone who can skip dimensions he can't."

A tall man stepped from the silver car. The rain avoided him as well. Probably because the man practically radiated sunshine the second he got out. He had an all white suite on, overly bright heart shaped smile that could make any girl swoon. However,  with all the sunshine this man gave off, even his cheesy license plate that said "sunny"... He still seemed malevolent somehow.

Leo stood up with a slight bow.

"Hello, Leto Hallson."

The man's face went sour when he looked at Leo, which made me shift on the porch swing. Leo moved in front of me.

"I see your little pet is back. How quaint." Leto observed, stepping over the threshold into the house. Apparently the man wasn't much for words. Or at least not to Leo.

"Who is he?" I asked, grabbing Leo by the hand. He was just staring at the doorway in which the tall, not so sunshiney but sunshiney man walked through.
"Leo, Who is he?"

"He is a very dangerous man."

He fell back into the porch swing, expelling the air from his chest. He had a haunted look on his face that made my stomach turn. We sat there in silence holding each other's hands. Leo deep in thought and myself well... I was lost.

"You and Steve need to leave before it's too late."

I barely heard him speak. When I looked at him tears were falling down his handsome face. My heart aches.

"Leo..." Taking his face into my hands, I looked into his eyes. It looked like a storm was raging behind them.

"I won't leave you again."

"You have to... he's the one that links you to the house after we are married."

"What do you mean?" He didn't answer. He just wrapped his arms around me. Pressing my head to his chest. The light drum of his heart mixing with the patter of the rain was comforting. But what Leo said next, struck fear in my heart like lightning.

"He steals your soul and seals it to this place."

—-
I cried myself to sleep that night. The dreams that ran through my mind were nothing short of nightmares. I didn't see the man after he had gone inside. But it was like his presence was everywhere.

A loud crash woke me up. Light was shining through the small window. Except it wasn't sunlight, it was a green light that made the hairs on my arm stand on end. I looked over to see Steve staring out the window her arms wrapped right around her small frame.

"Won't be long now..."

"What?"

She just looked at me with tear filled eyes as the door to our room opened.