•Chapter One, Pt.2, A Cry For Help•

⚠️ TW; Self Harm ⚠️

{Kenma's POV}
The second my mom closed our front door, everything changed. Her fake smile left and she turned to me, glaring daggers. When she spoke, her voice spewed venom like no other.

"You little, attention seeking, brat! Again with this?!" She yelled and I jumped back a little, that only made things worse.

"With your 'anxiety' and your 'panic attacks'. Stop doing this Kozume, NOW! I had to leave work to come get you from school, are you happy? You want attention by faking it, well, you're getting your attention!"

She grabbed my wrist with a tight hold and I let out a yelp, it hurt so badly.

"IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH OR DO YOU NEED SOME MORE, NO- YOU KNOW WHAT?! I THINK I'LL GIVE YOU ALL OF MY DAMN ATTENTION, JUST YOU WAIT!" She was beyond furious and I was shaking, trying so so hard not to let tears fall.

My heart was aching and my head was pounding all over again, she was like this all the time and yet I just couldn't get used to it.

"M-Mom.. p-please-"

"-PLEASE WHAT KOZUME, HUH?! PLEASE WHAT?!" She raised her hand and I felt a surge of panic, I ripped my hand out of her hold, turned and ran, I ran all the way to my room and locked the door.

The second I did, I slid down the door, my head in my hands as I burst out in tears. Shaking uncontrollably. I could hear my mother yelling in the hallway. Calling me all sorts of names, shaming me, swearing up and down, telling me I'm not worth it, telling me to take my own life..

That's what she ended with before yelling about 'getting a drink'. Oh no, please, not the drinks.

I need to get out of here, but I need to do it at the right time. If I get lucky, my mom will black out drunk. I can leave then, I just need to wait, if I can wait and survive this, all will be well.. I hope..

{3rd POV}
Kenma sat locked in his room for hours, waiting, just waiting for when he didn't hear her screams, yells, shouts, threats. He waited until he didn't hear anything, and even then he was still hesitant to leave. Nevertheless, he knew he had to get out of there. So, Kenma packed a bag and hoped Lady Luck would be with him as he unlocked his door..

{Kenma's POV}
I got my things packed into a bag before I started quietly tiptoeing down the hall. I haven't heard anything in over thirty minutes, so I figured my mom had blacked out by now.

I didn't even check to see if she was in the living room, which showed to be a mistake because as I reached for the doorknob, I felt a hand grab my free wrist and throw me to the ground. I fell with a loud thud and let out a small whine, I didn't get what happened, well, not at first. My confused state only lasted for so long before my eyes shot open in panic and I fully understood my situation.

I scrambled to get up and the second I did, I was face to face with my mother, the smell of alcohol was oozing off of her so strongly that I could've thrown up.

"You- you little brat! You damned.. you damned mistake! I hate you, you.." she paused for a second, she was so drunk she could barely speak. "you shouldn't even be here. You shouldn't be alive." She laughed up a nasty laughing fit right in front of my face.

"M-Mom please.. y-you're.. you're d-"

She raised her hand and glared at me, screaming.

"I'M WHAT!? HUH!? SAY IT, KOZUME, SAY IT, RIGHT NOW!"

I panicked.

"Mom please, you're drunk, STOP-"

I felt a sharp sting all over my right cheek as I let out a cry, tears finally spilling from my eyes. She hit me, she backhanded me. Even a normal backhand would've hurt less but with rings on like hers, I could've sworn she even cut my face.