Chapter 12// The secret

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong with her?" I questioned not knowing if it's a boy or a girl.

"He won't eat his food. I don't know why." She explained assuring me the dog is a male.

I pouted rubbing the back of his ear, "Aw, you know Dylan works at an animal shelter maybe I can ask him what's wrong."

"No I already know he's consipated. I called up his vet and he has an appointment tomorrow. It was the only available time." She spoke petting him.

"What's his name?" I questioned looking to her.

She grinned, "Benny. It's my dad's middle name."

I nodded, "it's cute. It suits him."

"Yeah. He'll be okay though. I just hope this doesn't happen again. It was properly the food I gave him he's not used to switching to new meals I suppose that's what messed up his stomach."

I nodded my head.

"Just wait here you can sit or help yourself to the fridge I'm gonna go see if he'll take a nap." Jackie mentioned standing up. She clapped her hands lightly wanting Benny to follow her.

I turned away walking to sit on the couch looking at the tv that's muted with the news on. I didn't really think on what to do with Jackie. She's the only close girl friend I have and I feel like I can tell her anything. I feel kind of nervous to say the words allowed "I like my roommate Dylan" I shudder at the thought. A part of me wants to keep it to myself but the other part of me feels like I should get it out there in the open.

"Okay, he's asleep. I hope he takes a long nap he was crying all night. So him and I both didn't get a lot of sleep." Jacke explained as she sat across from my on the single chair.

I smiled, "I hope he feels better." I spoke aloud.

She nodded her head, "Yeah me too. So what did you want to talk about?" Jackie asked sitting forward her elbows resting on her knees giving me her full attention.

Oh gee, I totally forgot about what I did with Chase. Maybe I should explain that first. "Uh, so you remember Chase right?"

She laughs scartching her chin, "duh he's the captain of our study group."

I forced a laugh, "yeah. Well," I pause swallowing hard. I'm so nervous why do I feel nervous, "I kind of slept with him last night..."

All a sudden Jackie's whole demaner changes which worries me and makes my heart clench. Jackie looks away clenching her jaw then unclenched like this news was all too much to bear. Oh shit, wait- did she like him?

"Uh, oh my god. Did- did you like him?" I hold my heart feeling I should apologize one hundred times. "I- I am so sorry Jackie. Oh my god I should have talked to you about it first I-"

Finally she sighs horasly messing with her fingers still not daring to look at me, "it's not him that I like." she spat in a low tone.

My brows squeezed together. Who could the other person be-... "Wait a minute..." I scoffed with a small laugh utterly confused. "You like- me?" I questioned pointing to myself. My jaw fell a bit opened very bewildered by this reveal. That explains why she couldn't look at me changing the night of the date with Chase.

She slapped her knees lightly standing up. "Yes, I do like you Cas. From the minture I saw you I couldn't help but get this big crush on you but I knew it was too good to be true for another beautiful girl to like me."

I stand up with her slowly I start to shake my head, "I-I am so sorry I had no idea. I'm sorry if I lead you on or-" she cut me off.

"That's the thing... You didn't lead me on I knew you had no acknowledgment of me ever having feelings for you because when we hungout it was all about you. You never gave any chance to get to know me more. To get to know my family, my life, why I haven't bothered to make any other friends before I met you." Jackie stares at me blankly. She wasn't wrong. I have never asked anything about her or her life. "I came out my sophomore year of college because I liked this girl but she moved away because her parents did not accept her. But mine do. And it seems that-" she pauses as tears are welling in her eyes, "that you don't accept me and want to stop being friends with me because of my feelings for you." She finished biting her lower lip.

I stood there sinking everything in all at once. My lips parted and my eyes darted at her. I was trying so hard to gather my words. I still wanted to be friends with her but I don't know if that will be to painful for her. "Jackie, I would never stop being friends with you because your gay... I understand how hard it can be. And I understand you have feelings for me but I just don't feel the same way..." I let out as my brows frowned. This time I stepped toward her. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't see this. That I never asked anything about you or your family... I never thought I would make this close of a friend when I went to college. I'm not saying you have to stop having feelings for me or anything but I want you to know I still want to be here for you and know more about you. I feel so shitty that your my friend and I never bothered to know more about you." I spat shrugging my shoulders squeezing my brows together wrinkling my forehead. "I'm so sorry Jackie. Can you forgive me?"

She looked down wiping a tear away. "Well, I really hate the idea of losing you and although your a very self-centered girl it would really be a burden to have you out my life for good.." she sniffled.

She's right I guess I am a bit self-centered...

"But feelings come and go but I want to thank you for not freaking out it really means so much to me." She cried at her last words.

I pouted brining her into a hug. "It's okay, Jackie. Why don't we sit here and you tell me everything you been wanting to tell me huh? I'm all ears." I let out in a calm tone.

Jackie pulled away wiping her tears parting her lips, "yes. There's so much I been wanting to say."

A/N: Hey there I hope you enjoyed this chapter:) Remember to vote and comment! Please feel free to correct me of any mistakes <3 I will gladly fix them:)