Green Man..

Peter had been dissapearing into the night lately. I wanted to ask him about it, but it was overwhelming. He wouldn't cheat. That's a fact. But it doesn't excuse the dissapearing, I decided one night to follow him. It's probably not going to end well for me, and I should brace myself for a harsh reality. Even though I know he would never hurt me, the paranoia and doubt fills the brain when left alone for long periods of time.
Pretending to sleep I feel his presence leave the bed. The bathroom light cuts on, the toilet flushes. But he doesn't return to bed. Sneaking out into the hallway I see him in the dim lighting putting on his hat and coat. Creeping out the door, I follow closely. Making his way down to the parking lot I see his car lights and he's pulling off. Shit. I wouldn't be able to catch up. His car abruptly stops, I take the opportunity to run down stairs. Thankfully I'd kept my truck unlocked.
Hopping in I catch him at a stop light. He turns down an unusual street, somewhere he only went when alone. Could he possibly be taking a short cut to the studio? This road doesn't go out that way. Watching him with intent he parks his car on the side of the road. Apartments lined the streets. I pull up not too far behind. He's speaking to a man standing next to a broken down car. Next thing I know Peter is on the ground going under the propped up vehicle. Is this where he's been going? He's just hanging out with his buddies working on this car? I should go home. Let him enjoy his time, but I want to stay and watch. It wasn't often I saw Peter in action, I didn't think he was that big into fixing cars. It was attractive to see. Maybe I'll get out and surprise him? Yeah.
With that I jump out my truck, still in my jammies walking over to the car. The man Peter had been talking to looked at me strange. I put a finger to my mouth so he wouldn't say anything. I kicked him slightly. "Hey! Watch what the fuck you're doin'!" He shouts, pulling himself out from under the car. When he sees me his expression changes. "Oh hey bunny, what're you doing out this late? How'd you know I'd be here?" He asks, standing up and adjusting himself. "I sorta followed you here." I laugh sheepishly. His eyes were wide, the guy outside was laughing. A few men sitting on the stairs by the sidewalk laughed as well. My face reddened. "You followed me here? Whatever for darling? Did you think I was up to no good or something?" He laughs, his hands on his hips. My face contorted, I felt embarrassed. He laughs once more and pulls me into an embrace. Then proceeds to brag to all of his buddies sitting outside about me. Saying how I was the best thing that ever happened to him. I loved when he'd boast about me. It made me feel special, like I was truly worthy of love.
Hanging out for a bit, we eventually drive home. We laugh and reminisce about our time together. How this one particular moment topped the cake. I fell asleep in the car, when I woke up I was in Peters arms. We were on the couch at his apartment, his eyes fixed upon mine. The television light was dimmed in the background, I only heard static. With half lidded eyes I look up at him, his hands were running through my hair. Lulling me to sleep. In my final moments of consciousness I feel his lips on my forehead. After that it was black, I still felt his warmth on me as I slept.