I have to stay calm and get this typed up, but at this moment my heart is not in it. I sit down in front of the computer and printer that I had set up; and I just can't focus, so I shut it down laying on the bed instead. I lay there for hours; the room gradually gets dark as the sun sets. I decide to get this work done and then present it to the King, so I get on it, to have this ready for tomorrow.

  The next morning I'm in my dress grays and I grab the proposal and head out as Mandy steps around the corner meeting up with me. "Major, are you ready?" I ask.

  She put her hand on my arm stopping me from leaving and I turn around. "Ant please don't forget me." She says in a soft voice.

  I shake my head. "I won't." I say.

  "I know this has been strain between us for a while, though I know that Jah-jahní is good person, but I don't want to lose you." Her voice is full of pain and her eyes look puffy, which mean she cried a lot last night.

  "Mandy," I lock eyes with her putting my hand on hers. "There are things that... I can't explain and sound sane." I take a breath and let it out. "I'm not trying hurt you, but there some kind of connection between Jah-jahní and me that I still don't understand."

   She drops her gaze from my eyes and I feel terrible, but I can't tell her that when I'm with Jah-jahní... I know I'm complete. You know how bad that sounds! "I guess, " Mandy looks at me. "There are times when you need to let life follow its own course."  She slowly pulls her hand back and composes herself pulling on her dress grays smoothing out non existent wrinkles. "Then lets get this done." She says in a calm voice walking off toward the meeting place.

    I stand there for little knowing that things between us will never be the same. But we must follow the path set before us, or risk being lost. As we approach the door to the conference room I see Mr. Ahmadi waiting by there, so I look at my watch and we're right on time for the meeting. Mandy greets Mr. Ahmadi and proceeds to knock on the door; we step into the room and the King is there as well as Jah-jahní and another individual I don't recognize, though I may have seen him around. There are also four of the Kings personal guards present. That's when I see our Marines here as well equally armed.

    Jah-jahní stands up. "His Majesty Moha-tahn the fourth greets you brave travelers and bids you to please be seated." We take our seats across from the King and his representatives. I steal a glance to Jah-jahní and she does as well, though I think Mandy noticed as she shifts uncomfortably. Jah-jahní eyes shift slightly towards Mandy damn it she noticed! "We now commence the negotiations for the Embassy that you wish to establish here." She looks directly at me. "Do you have the treaty for this petition ready?"

   "Yes, it's right here." I pass it to her and she accepts with a slight inclining of her head and then passes it to her King and father, who receives it and puts it to one side without even opening it up. "Your Majesty we come here before you ask you permission to leave Mr. Ahmadi as our Ambassador to represent Earth here, and if you see the plan that we have out lined for your gracious approval..."

    The King holds up his hand. "Yes I understand what your previous proposal is, and now this one which is the actual formal one are all about." he has the same colored eyes as Jah-jahní, only less emotional, colder. "What would be the benefits for our people?" He looks at me then at Mandy stopping at Basha. "You are by all accounts brave, but a backwards society. So I ask you how will this Alliance you wish to make help us?" His gaze is even more riveting than Jah-jahní's.

   I put my hands on the table interlacing my fingers; not quite sure of what to say except for the truth. "It's true, we are a back water world compared to yours, but we have the potential to grow and learn fast, if we have the right teachers." The Kings eyes flash with great intensity. For just an instant I feel some pressure in my mind, but I fight back. It's a struggle because this is nothing like fighting with a weapon in your hand, I would be in some standing there, with a chance. Here it's not that simple, since they've already shown some ability to use there mind as a weapon. suddenly the pressure eases up and the King smiles.

    "You show considerable strength of both will and mind." he turns toward Jah-jahní nodding and she smiles at me and then at Mandy. "You have shown that your people will fight even when the odds are against you. We will allow the Embassy to be established here on Majah Prime." He turns to the Majah-tu male next to him speaking in his own language; this male turns picking up a box and he opens it producing a pen. The King picks up the treaty going to final page where he has to sign and that's just what he does, then Jah-jahní also signs below her fathers name.

    I pull out my own pen receiving the treaty  so I can sign it and I look at the signatures and I stop cold. I'm caught by Jah-jahní's mark, as I stare at it. It can't be! My mind is stuck this is not possible, I have been drawing this symbol in my journal at the top of every page since childhood. I saw it in a dream when I was ten years old and immediately started to use it. I look up and I notice that everyone is looking at me. "I'm sorry, I was just caught up in the momentous occasion that this represents for our worlds." I quickly sign and I pass it to Mandy. Mandy looks at the page and signs it then she looks to Jah-jahní; she has seen me scribble it on many occasions, she passes it to Basha for him to sign. I have been drawing or rather writing Jah-jahní's name for most of my life. I look at Jah-jahní and she has a curious expression on her face and I look down trying to keep my cool. However, I can feel that Mandy is not happy about this, but we get through the meeting and give our most humble thanks and say our good night leaving them to wonder what just happened.