Please think about it

Start from the beginning

"Which means that a part of the group was living there. We didn't make all of them disappear, we only killed a part of them." Sasuke finished. He put his hand on her arm and grabbed it. "Sakura, you stay here. Stay with Sarada."

"But I am capable of fighting!"

"I know you are and that's why I need you to stay with our daughter. I don't want to be fighting and have to be worried about her."

"But-"

"My job is to protect you and the village, yours is to protect Sarada. Just stay with her."

She looked at him in the eyes and he knew that he had gotten through to her. He knew that she was going to say yes but she just needed a few seconds before answering. Suddenly her face expression changed from determined to worried.

"Just promise me you will be careful. I don't want to lose-"

"Sakura. I'll be fine."

"Hey sorry to interrupt your little moment here, but Sasuke we gotta go!" Sasuke glanced at him and looked back at Sakura. Naruto was right. He was about to leave when he realised that she was still very worried. The corner of his lips rose a little bit.

"Naruto is right, we have to leave but," he rose his hand to her face and with a slightly bigger smile he poked her forehead. "I will be back."

Sakura gave him a smile and that's when he knew that she understood what he meant. Obviously the forehead poke meant a lot to her just like it did to him.

After that he ran out of the house following Naruto. He grabbed his sword on his way out.

Sakura was left alone inside. She faced the still opened door and watched the two men running away from her. When they disappeared, she locked the door and walked back to the kitchen to take her daughter. She locked herself up in the basement of the house, Sarada in her arms. Her daughter started to cry and Sakura nursed her in her arms.

"Shhh Sarada, calm down. I know you can feel that something is wrong but don't worry... dad is on it. I'm here to keep an eye on you though. Just calm down."

Sakura looked at the ceiling and waited for a few minutes. "What is going out there?"

Sasuke and Naruto were running onto the battlefield. Kakashi had just asked them to attack the biggest group of enemy. Apparently Sai had been sent there already alongside Lee.

"It's been a while since we haven't fought together, Sasuke!"

"Since the war."

"Brings back memories for sure!"

Sasuke rolled his eyes with amusement. He actually enjoyed fighting with Naruto or even against him. Their two strength were equal and he felt like he actually could fight. Right now, he needed to put all of his strength into protecting the village again.

They heard the screams before they arrived there and as soon as they did, he jumped in and attacked his first opponent with his sword. He slashed his way around, dancing with his sword and putting men down while doing it. The adrenaline, the usual rush he felt during a battle, hit him and it enhanced all of his senses. His sharingan activated and it felt like all of them were slowed down and he smirked. It was easy. His ears heard the movements of the enemies that he couldn't see so that he could turn around and stop them.

He heard Naruto's scream echoing in his ear. He glanced at him and simply saw his friend smiling while punching a man. "So dramatic."

The fight went on for another few minutes and once all of the men were down, Sasuke stopped moving. He scanned the area looking at all the wounded bodies until he found one that seemed awake enough to talk. He marched to him, grabbed his collar and kneeled down.