Chapter 31: I Said Not To Be Late.

Magsimula sa umpisa

______

"A simple instruction," my eyes squint as they adjust to the brightly lit room. "You couldn't even stick to it," the man continues.

"Where am I?" I ask while scanning my surroundings. I'm in a small room with nothing but a ragged mattress laid against a peeling wall and a bucket in one of the four corners.

"You're in my favorite place," Luther smiles wickedly and saunters over to stand in front of me in his crisp white suit and black shirt.

Of course, he is the one to kidnap me.

He looks no different than the last time I saw him. His eyes still reflect the darkness of his bitter soul and his face is that of someone everyone wants to see dead in a movie.

"So, I'm in hell?" My tone reflects boredom, annoyance and a speck of fear.

"Basically," he nods, not at all insulted. "And I'm pretty sure you know why."
He turns on his heels and slowly walks to the end of the battered room. "Why did you not show up for our meeting? I thought your mother means much to you."

I scoff at his words. "Maybe you should have learnt how to read time," I say. "You made me wait for thirty minutes like a fool."

"You are one already," he blatantly insults me. "You've been a fool since you decided to not comply with my terms. And you were a fool to leave after waiting for what, three minutes?"

"Thirty," I correct him.

"And you will be a much bigger fool if you don't agree to what I'm about to ask you," he finishes with a threatening eye.

"And that is?" I inhale deeply to reduce the tremble in my voice in order to mask my fear.

"There's a fight," he begins with a cunning smile. "Four nights from now and there's going to be some serious betting. The money on that'll be on the table is going to be like the last piece of meat in a lion's den, and I want that last piece."

"I'm not going to do it," I growl, already knowing what is the request. "I don't fight anymore."

"See? You're being foolish," he approaches me and walks to stand behind the chair I'm tied to. "And that'll lead to serious actions being taken," he whispers creepily into my ear, causing my skin to be dressed in goosebumps. "Unless, you're ready to bury your mother at your own expense."

Knowing he's not bluffing, my body stiffens with fear and I tightly shut my eyes to prevent any tears from escaping. I won't give him the satisfaction of seeing me in a position of weakness.

"I need the best of the best," Luther continues talking. "This is going to be a breakthrough for me, to get my name back on top, and only you, my dear, are the best."

"I'm pretty sure that's a lie," I mutter. "I'm rusty now, and so the chances of me winning are slim."

"But you will win," he changes his position and stands in front of me again. "Or else," I see him retrieve a pocket knife from his belt and twirl it in the air. "There'll be blood shed," he lifts my chin up with the blade of the knife.

"Fine, I'll do it," I whisper defeatedly, not wanting to find someone I love dead because of me. "But you'll have to release my mom."

"You're not really in a position to bargain," Luther laughs as if I made the funniest joke ever. "Your mother will be released when I'm done with her."

"What are you doing with her?" I narrow my eyes at him and try to break the strap tying my hands together.

"That's none of your business."

"If you dare hurt her! I will —"

"Fight's in four nights," the man ignores me and opens a rusty grey door. "And don't be late this time," with that, he disappears behind the door.

"I hate you!" I yell so loud that my throat gets irritated.

And I hate my life.

-------

So, i kept to my promise this time and I updated 😜😜

I hope you enjoyed it although Hailey's stupidity might've caused some of you to pull your hair out😂😂

And what are your recent thoughts on Sam? 🤔😁

Oh, I wanna thank you guys for the awesome support you've been giving me despite my inconsistent updates😌😌 thanks for the 14K votes and the 450K reads❤🙏 y'alls are awesome 😇

-bye🌈