Chapter 31: I Said Not To Be Late.

Start from the beginning

She's starting to give me weird vibes.

_______

I've been waiting in this deadly quiet place for that piece of poop for about twenty minutes now, and I'm now thinking that maybe this was a trap of some sort.

There's only about a handful of people in this library, which actually raises suspicion considering the fact that this place is a well-known library and it's usually pretty occupied. Nothing else seems out of place, just the few people plotted on random desks, attempting to consume every ounce of information possible.

After another ten minutes or so, I realize that the same guy who said not to be late, is late, and I decide to leave the library to get myself lunch. I walk to the nearest McDonald's, not really wanting to use my car, and as soon as I enter, my taste buds tingle at the thought of eating fries and the Oreo McFlurry.

While waiting in line to order, my phone buzzes in my hand and I unlock it to see the notification.

Unknown
I said to not be late.

I roll my eyes at the hypocritical text before switching off my phone, not bothered to even reply to the text. I quickly place my order and sit down on one of the booths while waiting for it.

If Luther thinks that he can just order me around and that I'll always dance to his tune, then he's mistaken. I'm not a push over, whether he has my mom captive or not, and I'm not going to make myself a fool at his command. If I want to be the one making the shots, I have to think of a way to play his game.

I have to do a background research on him. Maybe I'll even hire a PI to do the work for me because I know I'll barely be able to find out much if I am to do it. I wonder if he has a family; does he have kids, a wife, or even a pet.

After five minutes, I fetch my order, and I find myself immediately digging into the heavenly fries. I needed this yummy comfort considering my stressful situation.

While walking back to the library, where I had left my car, I am attacked from behind by two strong men out of the ordinary. They make me drop my goodies, making me really angry, and so I fight to free myself from their tight grasp. But since they are holding each of my arms behind my back, it's difficult to liberate myself and my kicking doesn't help at all, so my strength basically runs out, giving them an opportunity to pick me up and toss me into a sleek black car. Then, they make sure to tie my hands behind my back before blindfolding me.

Oh no.

Where's Tristan when I need him? Okay, now I regret not telling him anything because my stupidity has led to this. Just when I thought I could fix things on my own, the universe decides to emphasize just how much I can never go against the devil using my rulebook.

"Let me out!" I shout at the two men but they obviously just ignore me and drive off with me. What's worse is that I can't even see where they are taking me.

And the fact that they made me drop my food.

"Who are you? And what are you planning to do with me?" I ask the two men in the front.

"Where does he want her?" The driver ignores me and asks his partner next to him.

"Basement."