What The Water Gave Me (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Win? Win! No no no no no!"

"Who's there?!" Bright shouted. Someone found Win and the way the man shouted seemed like Win wasn't in a good state. "Who's there?!"

They were three minutes away from Gigie's house and he was hoping his guess was right because he couldn't take this anymore. Bright didn't even notice the tears had fallen down on his cheeks and down to his chin.

"Oh my god, Win, please wake up!"

"Can you hear me?!" Bright kept shouting hoping the man with Win would notice him. Then, he heard another noise but it was indistinguishable.

"Bright?" the man finally answered and Bright felt like he was going to go wild.

"Hello? Where are you?!" Bright asked quickly. He didn't bother to know who the man was but he seemed to know Win and from the way he reacted, he wasn't there to hurt him.

The man spouted out the address and he looked at Man and nodded in confirmation that they were indeed at Gigie's address. "Bright," the man on the phone said and Bright could hear him crying which made Bright feel even more anxious, "This is Khaotung, Win's best friend. Win is unconscious and I have rung the emergency hotline. An ambulance is on the way."

"We're almost there!" Bright exclaimed as Man took a sharp turn. "Is he...?"

"I can feel a pulse but I don't know how to identify if it's weak or not," Khaotung said, his voice shaking. "Please, hurry!"

Another minute or two, Man parked the car and saw another car parked in front. Bright didn't even wait for the car to be on parked properly as he jumped out of it. He ran towards the open door and his almost stopped on his tracks as he saw a man kneeling beside someone laid down on the ground. The man sitting down turned around and his tear-stricken face with some blood on him overwhelmed him.

"Bright," the man spoke and Bright realized that he was Khaotung. The devastated look on his face made Bright move towards them. As soon as he saw Win's bloodied body face. His knees gave up as he fell down on the ground. At that moment, he finally broke down.

"Win, baby," Bright said as he sobbed and held his man's hand. "I'm here, baby. You're going to be okay. I know you're going to be okay. Just hold on."

He held on to Win as if he was going to physically leave him. Bright was holding on to him as he looked at his face. This couldn't be the end, could it? No, he wouldn't accept that.

"Win," he continued talking to him as if he could hear him, "There are a lot more firsts we have to do. I want to show you the world. I want to stay in bed with you and binge watch that Lucifer show with you. I want to go to Maldives and relax by the beach with you. I want to hear you tell me all the random things you learned every day. I want to kiss you good night and then wake up and kiss you good morning."

Suddenly, he could hear the siren of an ambulance near them. "They're here, Bright," Khaotung whispered as he stood up and left. Bright didn't look away from Win as he tried to memorize every little details it hard.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Win," Bright whispered as his voice cracked. "Please, Win, please don't leave me."

Bright heard multiple footsteps coming near to them but he still didn't turn his gaze away. A hand grabbed him by his shoulder mildly. "Sir, please step away so we can check on him," a voice told him. Bright released his hold on Win's hand gently even if he didn't want to. He moved away and stood up shakily as he looked at the paramedics working on Win. He closed his eyes prayed to whoever was listening to save Win. He wasn't really a religious person but at the moment he was willing to ask for help from anyone.