Chapter 8. Vanilla

I haven't updated because it's been a hectic week of school work. Now let's start this chapter :>

Word Count: 1116

~Previously on Why Me~

Seraphina sighed. "And yet another self-proclaimed 'Super-Hero' falls victim to the consequences of everyday society."

"People need to learn to mind their own business. Especially those who don't have the strength to back it up." Arlo added.

"But...he was trying to keep us safe." Y/n reasoned as John nodded his head in agreement.

"Do you feel safe... Now that he's dead?" Arlo asked as Sera slurped her boba.

Y/n and John stared uncomfortably at each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
About a year ago, 

I transferred into Wellston Private Highschool.

I had worked very hard to get into this school.

Many sleepless nights...

Countless hours of studying...

With such difficult entrance exams,

        I expected academics to be the main focus at Wellston.

              I expected it to be different.

                    But I was wrong...      

This place was just like the rest of the world.

In this world, strength defines a person.  

And those without strength are crushed.

Those without strength are nothing.

*RING*

Y/n woke up to the ringtone of her phone. She squints her eyes as she reached for her phone, trying not to get blinded by the light illuminating from the device. "Hello?"

"Hey, I need to make a trip to the mall today. Will you come with me?" Asked Seraphina.

"Ah, sh-shopping? Sorry, but I'm kinda busy right now..." Y/n replied. She was actually busy. Busy sleeping.

"Oh, really?"

"Y-yeah, my place is a mess...It'll take all day to clean." Y/n lied. "If you'd just move into the dorms like me and the rest of the girls, this wouldn't be a problem."

"Then I'd have to worry about my life."

"True. Hm, that's really too bad then..." Y/n smiled, thinking she had won when...

*DING DONG*

Y/n smacked her forehead. 'Don't tell me...'

"YOU'RE ALREADY OUTSIDE?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Introducing: Why Me?