Chapter 7. A Friend

A/N: I just wanted to thank you guys for 1.05k reads!! <3 Also turns out I write more when I'm tired I-

Word Count: 831

~Previously on Why Me~

Y/n stared uncomfortably at the unconscious mid-tier. "So, where did you want to go y/n?" Seraphina asked as she glanced back at y/n who flinched as her name was mentioned.

"H-how bout a drink? And let's invite John." Seraphina gave a small smile. "Sure, but it's on you." She went ahead.

Y/n peeked at the mid-tier again before shaking her head and following Seraphina. "Wait up!" 'No wonder people call her the Goddess.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n sat in Woaba Boba patiently waiting for Seraphina to bring John as the news played in the background.

While waiting, she turned on her phone as she got a notification that her favorite artist was releasing a song

She silently freaked out as she was about to listen to it when-

"Hey y/n! Guess who I found!" Y/n smiled as she saw Seraphina with John, but furrowed her eyebrows as she saw Arlo.

She quickly placed her phone on the table as she saw the trio coming towards her.

"U-um, hi!" Y/n smiled shyly, not sure how to react.

Her cute and radiant smile causes Arlo to blush hard. "H-hey." 'Dang it! What is this feeling?' 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Introducing: Why Me?

Chapter 7.
A Friend

John and Seraphina looked at each other with a smirk as they sat next to each other in a flash, which left Arlo no choice but to sit beside y/n.

Sera and John then started talking to each other, causing y/n and Arlo to have their own conversation."So! Do you come here often?" Y/n asked.

"W-well, uh, not really--" Arlo replied, but a waitress cut him off, "Here are your drinks, kids."

As the waitress stared harder at Seraphina and Arlo, she realized who they were. 'Shit...What's the King and Ace from Wellston doing here!?'

After she handed the drinks, she rushed to the counter. "Actually, it's his first time. When I went to get John, Arlo begged us to bring him along to check on you." Sera replied for Arlo.

"Huh?" Y/n looked at Arlo who was glaring at Seraphina as she stuck her tongue out. The King then saw that y/n's attention was at him, so he coughed up a reply, "AHEM! I-yes... That part is true."

He hung his hand dejectedly, expecting to be teased for it, but was surprised when a bear hug came for him.

"Aww, That's sweet! Thanks for caring." Y/n beamed so brightly that Arlo thought the room lit up. 'What is she? An angel? How is this even happening!?' Sera and John continued their drinks as they gave the blond knowing looks.

Arlo then pats y/n's (h/c) hair gently. "Yea, no problem."

"Wait, does this mean we're friends now?" Y/n asked hopefully as her (e/c) eyes sparkled.

"I don't really..." The sparkles in y/n's eyes dimmed as she knew his answer. 'Dammit! I can't see her like this!' Arlo thought as he answered, "Um, sure." Sera and John both nearly choked on their drinks as they looked at Arlo shocked.

Before y/n could respond, the waitress turned up the volume of the TV.

"--presence. EMBER has been leaving a trail of bodies. The most recent one being in Lovun." The news reporter continued.

"In an alley near the intersection of Rokel and Acres Street, investigators have identified the body as the well known vigilant, 'X-Static'. No further personal information was given. The victim's body was covered in second degree burns and multiple stab wounds. And like all other EMBER victims, a very prominent brand of its logo marked the corpse."

Y/n read the title of the news. "Breaking news: 'EMBER' GANG STRIKES AGAIN"

She shook her head. "Lovun? That's the next town over! Could EMBER be heading here?" John said as he grew anxious. Seraphina sighed. "And yet another self proclaimed 'Super-Hero' falls victim to the consequences of every day society."

"People need to learn to mind their own business. Especially those who don't have the strength to back it up." Arlo added.

"But...he was trying to keep us safe." Y/n reasoned as John nodded his head in agreement.

"Do you feel safe... Now that he's dead?" Arlo asked as Sera slurped her boba.

Y/n and John stared uncomfortably at each other.

[A/N: Wow. I didn't mean to make a Arlo and Sera vs Y/n and John, though it sure looks like it. To be fair, they do have different perspectives of life. Again, thank you for 🎉1.05k🎉like what the heck that's too much for me qwq you guys are just skdnkask I can't even 💞 I love ya'll so much ><]