𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Start from the beginning

Max jumps up and Ray runs over to him, holding him up by the shirt collar.

"Never! I mean, Never get that close to my daughter again, do you understand?" Dad growls.

"Dad! Let go!" I say, grinning even though I know it's actually a serious time.

"Do you understand?" Dad Says, more aggressively.

Max nods his head, looking a bit afraid.

"Good. Now never let me see you like that again." He sets Max down on the ground. "I've got pizza for us all so come out if you want some."

He glares at us and leaves.

Charlotte, Jasper, Scarlet, Phoebe and Max all file out, leaving me and Henry alone.

"So...what's up with you and Max? He seems to like you a lot." Henry Says, watching me intently.

"Ha! No no. He flirts with quite a few girls." I laugh nervously.

Henry's lips start to twitch up but then he forces the smile away.

"We'd better go before there's no pizza left." I say, smiling at him and gesturing towards the door.

"Ladies first." Henry says, motioning for me to go first.

"Why thank you sir." I say, smiling and walking out.

We were just about to walk through the Sprocket before Henry said something funny and I burst out laughing, making me trip. Henry was there in an instant, he caught me seconds before I was in the floor. He helped me up and I was very aware of eyes on us.

I clear my throat, "Thank you." I say, nervously.

Henry nods and we continue out and I'm about to walk past Scarlet and sit down the other end when she grabs my arm and pulls me down next to her.

"So? Tell me all the tea!" Scarlet whispers in my ear.

"What? There's nothing to tell!" I whisper back.

"Yeah right, he was so looking at you with lovey dovey eyes!" Scarlet Says, a bit too loud.

"Who was?" Ray Asks, Who is sitting right next to Scarlet.

Scarlet jumps.

"He-ouch!" Scarlet exclaims, as I kick her under the table.

"Just someone i used to know back in school." I say, fake smiling.

"Wasn't his name Harry or something?" Scarlet Says, glaring at me slightly.

I roll my eyes, of course she would come up with a name similar to Henry.

"Sure." I say.

Dad looks between us suspiciously.

"What's going on?" He asks, narrowing his eyes.

"Ugh, I'll tell you later Dad." I say.

I glance at Henry and see him looking at us.

"Now you've done it!" I whisper to Scarlet.

Detecting the awkward silence Jasper decides to start talking to the table about his buckets.

"I've got a miniature one here! It's great for eating corn out of!" He says, pulling out a tiny bucket. "Oh! I forgot I stored a few here as well!"

Jasper gets up and pulls a bucket out from underneath the counter. He walks towards us holding it proudly, he obviously forgot my fear.

"Who wants to hold it!" He asks, grinning.