One

Being best friends with Kuroo was probably the best thing that happened in your life. He was always there whenever you needed him especially during your downfalls. When your boyfriend dumped you for a random bitch in the club? He brought you ice cream and cuddled you to sleep. Whenever your periods were literally killing you? Heck he even let you bite his hand one time just so you could have an outlet to express how painful it was. Plus he bought you a bunch of chocolates. When you bombed a test because you didn't have time to review due to the overwhelming amount of college work? He tutored you until you finally got the confidence that you could pass the test. It was science by the way.

Most of all, he was mainly the reason of your sunshine and rainbows. That bed headed man could sometimes make you cry laughing with his silly antics. He would sometimes try cooking with you especially when he was trying a new fish recipe. When he randomly brought home a stray cat to his house, he immediately contacted you and even asked you to name the cat for him. Sometimes the two of you would crash on Kenma's house to literally just bring laughter to the gamer. He would sometimes take you to road trips and parties during weekends. It was a lot of fun.

Of course he could be rather annoying but you didn't care much about it... unless you were in your period.

Basically, having that rooster head as your best friend was much fun and truly a blessing from above. That was until your 2nd year in college. Suddenly you were conscious around him and you couldn't do the same things with him mainly because you were feeling a little shy or flustered. You didn't pay mind to it at first but as time passed by, it got harder for you to stay the same with him. It was all confusing and alarming because you didn't know why you were feeling like that. That was until the last week of the final term that year, when Kuroo introduced a new girl to you as his girlfriend. Normally you would congratulate him and tease him about it because for some reasons his relationships didn't last that long. But it was different that time, you were hurt and jealous. From that moment you knew, you were slowly catching feelings. What confirmed that was when Kuroo spilled some wild experiences in bed with his said girlfriend. That was normal for the two of you because you would share the same but that time, you cried when he left your home to pick up his girl from a restaurant.

You fell in love with your best friend like every cliché drama out there. It had been almost two years since then. You guys were in your last year of college now, both single since Kuroo didn't seem to have the capability to settle with a girl just yet. Which scared you, that was why you didn't have the courage to confess to him. Also it was because you might ruin your friendship with that giant cat. Ugh, why did you have to go and fall in love with that hot motherfucker? You were just torturing yourself at this point.

You groaned in disdain as you tossed and turned in your bed. It was half past midnight already but you couldn't sleep yet. Kuroo was at a party around the block with some of his friends, Bokuto to name one. You knew that he would end up screwing a girl tonight and you weren't fine with that at all. Damn it why did you have to think this far?

You flinched when your phone suddenly rang. You instantly grabbed it, not even caring if the person who was calling would question why were you still awake. Your brows jumped upon seeing Bokuto's number on your screen. What happened this time?

"Hello?" You croaked out.

"Hey Y/N, could you pick up Kuroo? He's a little drunk and he says he wants to go home now but the party is just getting started so I can't really drive him home right now."

Bokuto sounded sober, not even tipsy. Your brows furrowed in confusion.

"How the fuck did Kuroo get a little drunk if the party is just getting started?" You breathed deeply.