"You've already made that point" I said and he smiled.

"I know but you still didn't grasp it so I made it again." I nodded in response and looked out the window.

"Why am I worried" I said out loud, not really expecting an answer. "I mean like meeting people isn't my thing but I've been talking to him for so long like I shouldn't be this worried right."

"I don't know" Bradley said "people can make themselves seem really fake over a phone call, not saying he's one of those people, just saying it's possible to be someone your not when your not standing in front of someone."

"Well thanks" I laughed and he laughed with me.

"I know, that's what I'm here for, emotional support." He said and I smiled and shook my head softly. My phone rang and expecting it to me CJ I answered.

"What's up" I said as I leaned into my seat.

"What's up" I heard my brother question and I groaned. "That's not a good way to great someone you haven't talked to in a year."

"There's a reason why we haven't talked in so long" I muttered.

"Well yeah, your in the NBA and I'm still here, Oakland. Your doing really good by the way, definitely rookie of the year." he said and I nodded and rolled my eyes.

"I know" I said and I could see the anger and frustration on his face even though I wasn't there with him.

"Well" he said expectingly. "What are you gonna do about it, you can't just leave me here in the dumps while your living a life of luxury."

"What's really what you called me over" I said sharply "I'm the one who decided to make something out of nothing and go for my dreams. I wanted to make it out of there and I did, your the one who never supported me. The one who beat me down constantly, figuratively and literally, and now your suddenly my biggest supporter cause I make money. That's not how it works Ethan."

"Geez bro I'm just your brother asking for a little help" he said defensively.

"Brother" I scoffed and he sighed.

"This is what happens every time we talk" he said and I nodded to myself. "Can't we just move on. I'm a bigger person now, that was a long time ago and I don't do shit like that anymore."

"Shit like that" I questioned.

"Yeah that shit is just bad and gross now" he said and I laughed.

"Yeah, bad and gross, definitely" I laughed sarcastically "how about humiliating. Shameful, disgraceful, hurtful to say the least. If your really trying to come up with some sick ass apology you could use better words."

"Whatever" he muttered and I rolled my eyes.

"You know you ruined whatever brotherly bond we could have had" I stated plainly "you ruined it and I'm not willing to fix it, so stop using me for my fame and stop calling me. And if you do feel the need to call me, make sure it's in over a year." I said before I hung up. "I'm sorry" I sighed after a moment of silence between me and Bradley. "Me and my brother we just have problems and he try's to fix it but then he messes up and it's not really a fixable situation and it's just bad."

"Yeah" he said slowly "I can tell."

"I uh never meant for you to hear any of that or get involved" I said and he nodded and glanced over at me.

"Are you ok" he asked me and I raised my eyebrows.

"Well yeah I'd think so" I said confused and he nodded.

"I don't know" he said "just concluding from your conversation do correct me if I'm wrong, but if I was you I'd freak out every time I heard from him, I just don't know how your so calm."

"I don't either" I said and he smiled. "I just like to forget about it and when it gets brought up it gets brought up then I just push it away again and forget again."

"Does CJ know" he asked me.

"Why does everything relate to me and CJ" I asked him sharply. "And no he doesn't know, I never intended on telling you either you just happen to be in the car with me."

"Wow I'm sorry" he said "I'm just trying to see how close you two really are."

"We're just friends ok" I said and he nodded. "Nothing more nothing less."

"Nothing more nothing less." He repeated.

Hey y'all! I've had this idea for a while and I decided it was finally time to post it. I plan on publishing 3-4 chapters at a time so it will take a while for the new updates to come, plus school and all🙄

So expect updates around every 2-4 weeks

Anyways, sorry for any typos, I glanced over it once but I'm sure a few slipped by.