Chapter 6

The first thought I have, when I wake up is; Holy moly, it's hot in here. My eyes slowly adjust as I look around the tent. I nearly jump when I see Dimitri next to me, then I remember the events of last night. I can tell it is early because the sky's still pink. With that thought, I fall back into my slumber.

I wake up again because of heat, but this time there is a different reason. The cause is Dimitri's head lying in the crook of my neck. His strong arms wrap around my waist, as I'm pulled close to him as possible. The position is comfortable and it sends sparks through me. But if he wakes up now, it will be very, very awkward. What the hell do I do? I look down at him. He looks peaceful as he lay there. I wonder why his features always are so hard and on alert.

He begins to stir as I am thinking. Holy shit, is he waking up?

I quickly close my eyes and pretend I'm asleep. I can feel him moving before he stills completely.

His head lifts from my neck as he stands up. I peek one eye open to see where he is, only to find him looking straight at me. My eye quickly closes again. Shit, did he see me?

I can hear him grunt as he pulls the zipper open and walks out.

Yeah, he definitely saw me.

I am so gonna kill Emily for leaving me with Dimitri alone at night. But then again, she and Harry were pretty cute together. Were they dating? I don't know, but I can tell that she likes him after yesterday.

I lay in the tent about 10 more minutes, before walking out to face the others. This is going to be awkward.

It's only Jamie, Harry, and Dimitri who's awake.

"Good Morning," I say to them before taking a seat around the fire, where the others are sitting.

"Good Morning to you, too," Jamie answers, before continuing, "Did you sleep well?"

My eyes find Dimitri's as he put a hand over his mouth. Is he smirking? Does he find the situation funny?

"I slept fine, thank you, but it was very hot. Everything is so close and warm inside such a small tent," I answer Jamie, but I'm looking straight at Dimitri while talking. His features quickly change and he is back to the usual angry, grumpy Dimitri. Why is he angry anyways? I didn't reveal to his friends that he is a big ol' cuddler. Ha, who would've thought? Dimitri, the tall, grumpy, angry, Russian guy is a cuddler. I can't hold my laugh in anymore and I begin to laugh out loud. Tears are running down my cheeks. I don't even know why I think it's funny, it just is.

After my laughing fit, I look up.

"What are you laughing at?" Harry asks me but is grinning himself.

"I don't even know, to be honest," I tell him and look over at Dimitri. He has that look in his eye as if he wants to kill me. But then again, if he wanted to kill me, he would've done it by now. He shakes his head at me, now with a small smirk tugging at his lips.

"Good Morning," Emily says as she emerges from her tent.

"Morning," we all answer her.

"So what are we doing today?" She asks while taking a seat around the fire.

"I don't know. Just chilling, I guess," Harry answers her.

The exchange a small smile to each other, as we begin to prepare our breakfast.

*****

Yesterday, we just relaxed and some swam in the lake, excluding me. Luckily, I got to share the tent with Emily last night. She also apologized for falling asleep with Harry, but I told her not to worry about it. I don't want to have a fight in our friendship already, even though it was a pretty shitty thing to do. It wasn't that I was uncomfortable with Dimitri - It was just very awkward.

We're now sitting in the van on our way back. I had a lot more fun on this trip than I expected. I also got a lot closer to Emily. Dimitri and I haven't talked since the episode in the tent, so I don't really consider us friends. Not that he'd want to be my friend anyway. The other boys were also fun to be around. I'm not totally comfortable around them yet, but it's getting there.

"We're here," Jamie announces and we all get out of the van.

I say goodbye to them all, before heading back to my dorm. I am in desperate need of a shower. I don't smell, but I'm just clammy and I feel gross.

When I'm done showering, I put some black sweatpants and a grey t-shirt on. As I begin to pack my bags for tomorrow, I realize I haven't gotten my daily dose of coffee. I consider changing my outfit, but I'm too lazy, so I just head out the door. I tell the barista my order when I arrive and wait for it to get ready. I'm leaving for the airport at 10 AM tomorrow. I can't wait to see my dad again. I really miss him.