Chapter 5 - A panicked patch up

The words "I'm sorry" from Iskall really sunk into my skin. I went to give them both a hug. My wings wrapped around them as well, I didn't notice their discomfort till later. I jumped back in surprise, "Sorry,I forgot about the wings." I fold my wings behind me. My wings folded up to the bone. They quickly retracted into my back. The two had a look of disgust on their faces.   "Oh right" I mumble. Blood slightly trickled down my back as the wings finished retracting. I took my sweater off my my waist and grabbed a handkerchief to wipe the blood off. I put my sweater on then looked at the others. "Yeah not a very pretty sight" I pause. "I've learned to keep it fast and not as bloody, I wasn't fast enough so I started bleeding a little." I looked at Mumbo and Iskall. "We do not tell the yet. correct" The tone in my voice  changed to a serious one. The two seem surprised at the sudden change then calmly nodded. Iskall hadn't said anything about the cut yet, but as soon as he saw Mumbo's eyes widen regret struck him again.

Mumbo walked over to me trying not to show his panic. I noticed his focus on the cut. I forgot about the cut. Mumbo looked at Iskall "You cut him?" Iskall's head dropped, "I didnt mean to." Mumbo looked at him, "Will you get a bandage?" Iskall walked out of the room with a nod. "Why are you so worried about a small cut?" I ask. "It's not small!" He snapped back. I shrug and wipe some of the blood of my face. It quickly returns to its original state. "Your bleeding a lot, Iskall better hurry up" He said and as if on queue Iskall walked in. Mumbo smiled slightly. "Alright, since you clearly don't care if your hurt I'm patching you up" I watched his hands move back and forth from the cut. They were having a conversation but I didn't hear it. I was focused on the movement and the thoughts in my head.

When should I tell the others? Will they attack like Iskall? Why did Mumbo seem so unafraid by my wings? Are the others going to react like Mumbo? How long until one of us slips up and they find out? How long until the angels find out I'm still alive?

Iskall snapped me out of my thoughts by dumping a bit if water on my head. "Watch the bandages" I heard Mumbo say. I shake my head and fully listen to what they are saying. I smile, they are arguing about how Iskall decided to get my attention. Maybe everything will be OK.