ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟟~Ⓣⓗⓔ Ⓢⓣⓡⓤⓖⓖⓛⓔ ⓘⓢ Ⓞⓝ

Start from the beginning

I walked into the kitchen and in no time, the idea of homemade oatmeal popped into my mind, easing my breakfast worries. The only doubt I had was if we had any oats, but then I remembered Taehyung got a large tub of them for his yogurt. His low-fat yogurt, might I add. 

I grabbed a bowl out of the cupboard and filled it halfway with water, since my dumbass forgot to pick up milk. I then poured in what I assumed was half a cup of rolled oats into the bowl, shoved it into the microwave, and set the timer for two minutes.

I stood there waiting, wondering if oatmeal was even a thing in South Korea. I should definitely do some more research on the food culture around here.

For the duration of the two minutes, I chose honey as a substitute for sugar, since that was also forgotten on our shopping trip.

Does Taehyung even eat breakfast? I mean, I'll make a bowl for him if he wants it, but for now I'm going to focus on my own hunger.

The microwave beeped thrice times, alerting me my oatmeal was ready. Taking the bowl out, I squeezed the honey bear bottle, swirling it in quick, circular motions. I mixed it with a spoon, and retrieved my next and final ingredient: strawberries.

At that moment, I heard a door creak along with the moan of the floorboards, signaling Taehyung's appearance. I didn't turn to look, and he most likely couldn't see me in the hallway, but I listened as his footsteps faded away. Oh well, he doesn't need any oatmeal anyway, he'll probably just buy some fancy smancy breakfast sandwich on his way to BigHit.

I began slicing up a few strawberries, cutting them up into small pieces. I didn't exactly want a whole bunch, but I knew they'd undoubtedly make the oatmeal taste sweeter coupled with the honey.

Carefully grasping the warm bowl with a paper towel, I went over to the main dinner table and sat down, staring out the window ahead of me. The hail was clobbering down so hard that I couldn't make out any buildings. From my view, the precipitation looked extremely hazardous. I didn't realize South Korea could get hit with this type of weather. Guess I better study the weather here too, in addition with the native meals.

I turned my attention back to my breakfast, blew the rising steam away, and spooned a bite into my mouth. The oatmeal was just right, and the gooey oats slid down my throat. The honey was spot on, enhancing the sweetness of the strawberries. 10 out of 10 would definitely recommend. 

I was about to take another mouthful when Taehyung emerged from the hallway in a black jacket and sweats, phone held next to his ear.

"Ne, jeonhwa hae jusyeoseo gamsahabnida." Taehyung spoke in Korean, his voice low and groggy. In English, his sentence translated to "Yes, thanks for calling."

He hung up the phone and declared: "Practice is cancelled for today, so we're stuck together until the company gives me the OK to travel in these conditions," Taehyung motioned to the hail outside, clearly displeased with the sudden adjustment to his schedule. Displeased with the idea of staying with me, more specifically.

"It's better to be safe than sorry," I replied, pouring him a cup of water despite my fresh discontent with him.

"Mhm, sure." Tae took the glass silently, eyeballing my yummy porridge.

"What is that?" He asked, not bothering to thank me for the water. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"It's oatmeal," I answered, waiting for him to state his desire.

His brown eyes met my blue ones in silent desperation, as if he were too proud to request a bowl.

Just give in already, you know you want to.

Taehyung gave me a blank stare, and I crossed my arms, throwing my poker face right back at him. In other words, I meant my resting bitch face, which proved to be useful in situations like these.

He exhaled dramatically and drew his arm behind his head, looking down.

"Can I please have some?" Taehyung inquired, pulling out a stool.

"Why, of course you can!" I answered overenthusiastically, smirking while relishing his defeat.

As I began cooking up another batch, Taehyung narrowed his eyes at me from across the counter, and I returned the look with a jesting grin.

Whatever buster, it is what it is.

Point Gemma, smurf zero.

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote!