“Just us youngsters. No oldies. Tum dono ko ussi ke liye invite karne aaya hu. After dinner, U guys can go and change into some thing comfortable and come. Sab apne friends hi honge Sidharth. Aaja bhai..thik hai? Shehnaaz isko leke aa jaa” he patted her head and left to attend the guests.

He looked at her again to gauge her mood, but found her sulking again

“Shehnaaz abhi na tu gussa dila rahi hai mujhe. Ab bass kar, baat ka batangad mat bana” he admonished her childish behavior and dragged her for dinner.

Since she was hell bent on behaving like a petulant child, Sidharth plated some extra morsels in his plate for her.

He was sure the dancing and running around must have famished her but he was done manaoing her now, he wanted to tease her.

“Wowww the best paneer I have ever tasted” he licked his fingers putting a morsel in his mouth, making Shehnaaz smirk and turn her gaze away from him.

“Aur yeh kya hai? these round round tablets..ohhh my goddddd… superbbbb” he tasted the gatte ki sabzi, closing his eyes to show his appreciation, tempting her into taking a bite.

Her body moved a bit and he knew she was giggling softly hiding her face from him.

“Kya kisiko mera khana dekh ke jalan ho rahi hai? ya koi chup chup ke hass raha hai? matlab ho kya raha hai? he giggled.

Shehnaaz couldn’t control herself anymore, and her face broke into a huge grin as she turned around and scooted close to him.

Hugging his arm she leaned her head on his shoulder “I love u puttu, sorry main aive hi gussa ho gayi” she said in a baby like tone

“I know love, abhi aadat ho gayi hai mujhe, isliye toh nahi phassna chahta tere sath” he teased her more stressing on the word ‘Phassna’ and broke out into a laughter.

“accha? Abhi phassati hu tujhe ruk” she delivered multiple pinches on his arm making him yelp with pain

“aaahhhh baby mat kar, lag raha hai” he nails dug in his skin even from the thick material of his blazer.

He was feeding her too in between his meal, making Preeti halt to their table

“Oh my god.. abhi thode din pehle  tak toh isko khilana padta tha mom ko.. and now look” she cackled stooping down to his ears “Ab pata chala? Why I call u Shehnaaz’s Bitch” Sidharth bumped his head on hers, trying to push her away as she laughed loud and left.

Sidharth and Shehnaaz were mingling with some of Mohit’s family members when he noticed her fidgeting with her earrings.

They looked uncomfortably heavy.

Just as she pulled them out one by one, Sidharth silently held his hand out, knowing her outfit obviously didn’t have a pocket to hold them.

She smiled looking at his extended hand and placed her earrings on his palm, as he pocketed them, smiling at her.

Something unspoken passed through them. Like they didn’t need the crutches of words always, to communicate.

They retired to their room soon after.

“Bebu tu jaa, mujhe nahi aana, thakaan ho rahi hai bohot” Since Shehnaaz was exhausted from the flurry of activities, she decided to stay back.

“Yaar toh chhod main bhi nahi jaa raha” he retorted.

“Mat kar baby, tu jaa na i will be fine. Nahi toh tere friends bolenge isko ladki mill gayi to yeh dosto ko bhul gaya. Mera naam kharaab ho jana hai fir” she pouted cupping his face.

“Accha ek kaam karte hai, tu ja, main shower leti hu, fir mujhe theek laga toh aa jaungi thodi der ke liye. Theek hai puttu?” she pecked his lips and ran to the bathroom, leaving him with no choice.

He knew she was so exhausted she would never turn up, and if he didn’t go, a drunk Mohit will come here to drag him out.

To avoid any scene he decided to go for a little while and return.

“baby main jaa raha hu, tu aa jana jaldi” he said looking at the bathroom door and left.

An already tipsy Mohit greeted him with a loud cheer as he reached the pool side.

“Oyeeee mera bhai aa gaya finally” he shouted kissing both Sidharth’s cheeks.

“Ewww, daru pine ke baad tu aur hapshi ban jata hai saale” Sidharth grimaced wiping off the wet kiss Mohit had planted on his cheek.

He could see all their common friends mixing around.

Meghna and her clout of puppies were also there. He turned to the other side and went to the bar to get himself a drink.

He felt a hand on his shoulder.

It was Meghna. A sour expression covered his face instantly.

“Hey Sidharth, Long time” she spoke, placing her hand on his chest. .

“Excuse me” he said coldly and  started walking to where Mohit was.

“Sidharth, I am sorry, I was unreasonable, i have realized my mistake” she held his arm stopping him.

“Good for you Meghna. Enjoy the night” he said and left.

Meghna had gulped her pride with great difficulty and apologized to him, but she was seething inside.

But this was a necessary step towards putting her plan into action.

A little while later, Shehnaaz came looking fresh as a daisy, dressed in her boyfriend jeans and a crop top that she wore on the way here.

As their gazes locked, they both smiled at each other and he started to walk towards her, but Sunny had caught up with her already.

He pulled her into his gang of cousins and they all started chatting up and laughing on some random joke, clicking selfies.

Seeing Shehnaaz enjoying herself he stopped midway and turned back to his friends. 

_____________________________________________

Hellozzzzz peoplezzzzzzz how are u all? Hope ur enjoying reading my fiction. Lots of interesting chapters coming up. Stay tuned. Ur suggestions, comments votes follow backs are always looked forward to.

Many many thanks for acknowledging my efforts.

Love n peace to all

Sidnaazkidiwani