chapter 5: lunch

felix's pov

'hes perfect' i thought to myself when i saw him. he didn't have food yet, so i assumed he was waiting for me. 'why is he so nice to me? i mean, yes, i like it, but why? i'm not special, i'm just a scrawny 17 year old boy from sweden...' . i walked to the table he was sitting at and sat down. "hey jack" i said with a grin on my face. "hi felix! i was waiting for you to get here, lets go get some food". i loved it when he said my name. it made me feel safe around him. he left his bag on the table so that no one else would take it. we got our food and went back to the table. we started talking, he started asking me some questions about myself.
j- "do you like the school?"
f- "yeah, it's nice."
j- "i've been in this school for like, 9 years of my life. it starts to get boring after a while but it's fun when new kids come in."
f- "yeah? well i guess this year is going to be fun huh" i chuckled.
j- "oh it definitely will, you're from sweden right?"
f- "yup. im from gothenburg. i've lived there since i was born, but we travel a lot. i've always loved the uk, ever since i can remember. i want to live here but my family doesn't think i'm ready. i'm just going to be here for a year to prove them i can live alone. after that i have to finish school back in sweden and then maybe i'll move here permanently."
j- "oh you're only staying for a year? i thought you were going to stay here for longer."
f- "oh no, i'm going back summer next year, i wish i could stay longer though."

jack's pov

"i wish you could stay longer too..." i said and immediately regretted it. 'fuck, you're being so obvious jack, can't you just keep your mouth shut?'
j- "so uhh.. anyways, you're bi right?"
f- "yeah.. i think i kind of like this guy but i don't know if he would ever like me back..."
j- "who is this guy?"
f- "oh uhh no one special. i dont know his name yet, i just saw him around the halls.."
j- "can you describe him?"
i noticed he got nervous and blushed. 'maybe he likes me... no, it can't be me. he wouldn't like someone like me would he? i don't want to get my hopes up...' 
f- "uhhh i- i don't-"
the bell rang. 'fuck. i really wanted to know who he likes.'  we went to our lockers. "we can talk more tomorrow, unless we have any other classes together." he told me.
j- "whats your next class?"
f- "it's uhh.. history in classroom 20, what about you?"
j- "wait really? that's my next class as well!"
he smiled. his smile was so cute and adorable and it made me want to... kiss him... no. no i- i have a girlfriend i can't-
f- "oh my god thats great! come on, let's go, we don't want to be late or do we?"
j- "nope" i chuckled.
we hurried to the classroom. we sat next to each other. this class wasn't as bad as the others. it was actually fun. thanks to him. i was being myself again, i was being the class clown, making jokes all the time but still paying attention to the class. he laughed at all of my jokes and... his laugh was the best sound in the whole world. it made me smile knowing i made him laugh. he was adorable. he was dorky, sweet, a little bit introverted but i liked that. i wanted to get to know him better. i wanted him to come over to my place one day and just watch the sunset together but.. we still weren't as close. i loved his style, it was unique. everything about him was. he was so special. but i couldn't be.. in love with him.... right? he's just special to me. i shouldn't like him that way. i shouldn't be feeling like this.

the bell rang. we went to our lockers again and went to our last class together. art. i tried making more jokes and funny remarks to make him laugh. we talked a bit more during class. he was very.. interesting. i liked his sense of humor. 'maybe i do like him...'